v. a dip in the pool

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭
part three

"𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 would never show up" Steve smirked, answering the door and moving aside to let the two girls inside

"𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 would never show up" Steve smirked, answering the door and moving aside to let the two girls inside. Lily in particular was still feeling shaken up by what had happened in the woods and accidentally pushed past Steve in her eagerness to get inside.

"Woah, calm down" He laughed, "There's still some beers left for you. They're not going anywhere" He joked.

"Very funny" Lily replied, half-heartedly. Normally, she would have said something equally as sarcastic back, but she was too focused on the image of the creature.

Steve quickly realised something was up and he looked at her closely, "What's up with you? You're being quiet".

She had already decided not to tell anyone else about what she'd seen. Part of her was still convinced that the poor lighting was to blame for how horrifying the creature had looked, so not wanting to sound like she was going mad, she forced herself to smile. 

"Nothing's up" She lied, "I got scared to death by a deer when we were walking through the woods, but I'm fine".

He frowned at her, then turned to Cindy, "The others are in the back yard" He said, and grabbed Lily's arm, "I need to speak to you about something, come with me".

"About what?" She asked, puzzled.

"I said, come with me" Steve repeated. He started to drag her up the first few steps of the staircase, "Please".

Lily reluctantly handed Cindy her bag, "I'll meet you outside" She shrugged, "Put the beers in the kitchen".

Cindy nodded, "Don't be long" She said, quietly.

"I won't" She assured her. Steve began to pull at her arm again and she groaned, "I'm coming, I heard you the first time!" She protested, "What do you want?"

He didn't answer her until they'd reached his room. He closed the door and turned to face her, "Are you sure you're okay?" He repeated, "You look pretty shaken up".

"Yeah, I'm fine" She shrugged, "What do you want? I can't leave Cindy down there with Tommy and Carol for long".

"She'll be fine, Nancy's down there as well" Steve said, "But are you sure you're alright? Did something happen?"

"I said I'm fine, Steve" Lily replied, "Nothing happened. My dad was a dick at dinner, but that's nothing new-"

Steve snapped his fingers, "Oh, so this is about your dad? I knew something was up with you!" He exclaimed.