xl. damsel in distress

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐲
part four

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐨 veered off from the railway track and out of the woods

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐨 veered off from the railway track and out of the woods. They were now in a part of Hawkins that Lily wasn't familiar with. In all her seventeen years of living in the town, she hadn't bothered to go any further East than Steve's house. She'd said this to Steve and he'd shrugged, "That's cause there's nothing here. Dustin, you better know where you're going".

"Of course I do, dipshit" Dustin had retorted.

They were now walking separately. Dustin was a few paces ahead, once again trying to get ahold of his friends, while Lily and Steve lingered behind, trying to come up with a plan to break into the lab, despite Dustin's constant reminding them that it would be impossible.

Eventually, the younger teen came to a halt before a large clearing with a number of old vehicles and parts scattered around on the grass. Lily and Steve caught up with him and, after a quick sweep of the junkyard, Steve nodded approvingly, "This will do. Good call dude".

Dustin, who was beaming at Steve's comment, watched him in awe as he walked away. Lily clapped him on the back and grinned, "Come on Henderson" She chuckled.

They chose a spot in the middle of the clearing to upturn the remainder of the contents of their buckets onto the ground. Just as they were about to set to work, a shout in the distance made them all start.

"I said medium well!" The voice yelled at them.

Lily squinted in the direction of the voice. Lucas was walking towards them and with him, there was a red- headed girl. Lily recognised her at once, "Holy shit".

Steve frowned at her, "What's up?"

"That's Billy's step sister. I met her the other day" She replied, "I see you've dragged her into this too" She added, to Dustin, who was staring at the approaching figures. When he didn't respond, she snapped her fingers at him, "Dude? Since when was Max part of this?"

"I-I don't know" Dustin stammered, his face turning a light shade of red, "But that's the girl I was talking about".

"No way, you have a crush on Max?" Lily giggled.

"Shut up" He mumbled, "Don't you dare say anything".

"She won't say anything to her. But her brother on the other hand-" Steve grinned, before Lily could stop him.

Dustin looked at them blankly then, seeing the grin on Steve's face and the disapproval on Lily's face, he grimaced, "Seriously Lily, Billy Hargrove? That's gross".

"I told you" Steve said to her, in a low voice.

Lily dismissed him, "Whatever. Let's leave these guys to their reunion" She said, grabbing Steve's arm and dragging him over to the edge of the junkyard. Once they were out of earshot she hissed, "Was that really necessary?"