xxv. come and get sheet faced

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐌𝐀𝐗
part two

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫 at the back of the classroom, paying little attention to what her teacher was saying

𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫 at the back of the classroom, paying little attention to what her teacher was saying. Despite having tried to put an effort into listening to Miss Click's class, she had soon lost interest and had resorted to drawing in a small corner of her textbook. In her mind, she was coming up with a number of ways to persuade Cindy to come to Tina's party.

Every Halloween since elementary school, Lily had made it a tradition for her and Cindy to wear matching costumes, and this year she wanted it to be no different. So far she'd managed to get Cindy to come with her to every Halloween party, but as college applications were opening soon, she knew it would be harder to persuade her friend this year. However, she was still going to try.

Her focus on the party then brought her train of thought to the new boy from the parking lot. She nudged the chair in front of her with her foot. Carol turned around and Lily hissed, "Is Tina inviting that boy to her party?"

"Duh, he's hot and the talk of the school already" Carol whispered back, "But I think she wants you to ask him".

"Why?" She frowned, "It's her party, not mine".

Carol shrugged, "She thinks he's more likely to say yes to you, cause he smiled at you this morning, not her".

Lily rolled her eyes, "Why is she being such a chicken?".

"Andrews, stop talking!" Came Miss Click's voice and Lily jumped, realising she'd no longer been whispering.

"Sorry, I was just asking Carol a question about the-" She began, then paused, trying to work out what was written on the blackboard, "About the Causes of the Civil War".

"Nice try, Andrews" Miss Click sighed, "But, if I have to stop my class for you again, it'll be a Saturday detention".

"Sorry" Lily repeated, unsure of what else to say.

As soon as the older woman turned to face the blackboard Steve, who was sat at the desk next to Lily's, flicked her ear with his pencil to catch her attention. She scowled at him, "What do you want?" She mouthed.

"So, you're gonna go for Billy?" He whispered, "I knew it".

"Who?" She frowned, but then she realised who he was talking about, "Oh, you mean the new boy? How do you know his name, are you stalking him or something?"

"No, he was in first period with me" Steve said, "And I was right by the way, he's a total dickhead".

"Well, it takes one to know one" She replied, teasingly.

"Andrews, I said be quiet!" Miss Click scolded her, "How many times do I have to remind you? Keep talking and I'll sit you next to someone more responsible for the rest of the semester, like Robin" She threatened, gesturing to the straight A student sat behind Lily.