lxii. highschool feuds

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝
part two

𝐈𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 where she was when she first woke up the following morning, but when she did, her heart sank

𝐈𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 where she was when she first woke up the following morning, but when she did, her heart sank. She and Steve had stayed up a little after Robin, until they eventually succumbed to their tiredness. They had taken it in turns to sleep, making sure one of them was awake to be on 'lookout'.

From the roof of the elevator, she could hear Dustin speaking into his radio. "Code red, I repeat a code red. Does anyone copy? This is a code red, I repeat a code-"

"Henderson, shut up!" She yelled up to him, yawning, "There's no way there's gonna be any signal down here!"

"Good morning to you too" Robin said, dryly.

"Does anyone copy?" Dustin continued, choosing to ignore her, "We are innocent children and we're trapped under Starcourt mall. The red army has infiltrated Hawkins. If we are found, they will torture us and kill us".

Lily sighed and looked over at Steve, pulling a face that meant "go sort him out". Steve understood what she was implying and pushed himself up from the floor. He climbed up onto the roof. "You gotta take it easy on that thing, you're gonna drain the battery" She heard him say.

"So-" Lily said, standing up and brushing herself off, "Did you dream up any more ideas?" She asked Robin, jokingly.

Robin, who was aimlessly picking at one of the boxes, shook her head, "Did you?" She replied. She walked over to the elevator buttons and pressed each one twice.

"No, I hardly slept" Lily frowned, "And I already tried those earlier. They don't work, you're wasting your time".

Robin shrugged, "Well, I'm gonna try them again".

Just then, a noise from above them made the girls jerk their heads up. The noise was coming from whichever boy had decided to pee down the wall outside. "Could you redirect your stream please!" Robin called to them.

Lily rolled her eyes, "I swear to god, if that's Steve".

"It is!" Came Dustin's voice.

"Of course it-" Lily began, but she was interrupted by Erica. She had started to aggressively hit one of the metal canisters against one of the trolleys in the elevator.

"Hey, be careful!" Robin warned, and the two older girls rushed over to her, "We don't even know what that is" She snapped, snatching the canister from Erica's hands.

"Exactly" Erica smarted, "It could be useful".

Robin frowned at her, "Useful how?"

"We can survive down here a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die-"