lxvi. character development

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱
𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐔𝐧𝐮𝐦
part three

"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝" Lily groaned, looking up at the ceiling and closing her eyes with a sigh

"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝" Lily groaned, looking up at the ceiling and closing her eyes with a sigh. It was pretty uncomfortable being suspended in the air, her back was starting to hurt and blood was starting to rush to her head. The latter she voiced aloud to the others. "I can already feel the blood going to my head" She whined.

"Way to go, Prom Queen" Robin frowned.

Lily's eyes flew open, "What do you mean way to go? You guys jumped out of time!" She protested.

"No, you jumped out of time!" Robin retorted.

"Girls! Stop!" Steve interjected, before Lily could respond, "It's bad enough being stuck down here without you two bickering, right in my ear" He grumbled.

"At least you're not stuck in the air" Lily snapped, swinging her legs as she spoke, "It's uncomfortable" She frowned, "And the rope on my wrists is starting to hurt".

"You should be used to being tied up-" Steve replied, and although Lily couldn't see him, she knew he was smirking.

"Steve!" She interjected, taken aback, "We're probably about to die and you choose to say that? What the hell!"

"I'd like to say I'm surprised at hearing that" Robin sighed, "But thank you for the image, Steve" She said, dryly.

"Oh, very funny" Lily mocked. She fell quiet and looked up at the ceiling. As she was about to complain how uncomfortable she was again, she heard Robin sniffling quietly, "Wait, are you crying, Robin?" She frowned, her tone of voice softer now, "It's okay" She said, concerned.

She expected Robin to continue crying, so to say she was confused when the younger girl started to laugh, would have been an understatement, "Um, Robin?" Lily frowned.

"Are you laughing? Jesus" Steve muttered, clearly just as confused as Lily at Robin's outburst.

"I'm so sorry, it's just I can't believe I'm gonna die in a secret Russian base with Steve 'The Hair' Harrington and Lillian Andrews" Robin said, once her laughter had died down, "It's just too trippy man".

"Hey! How come I don't get fancy name?" Lily asked, completely ignoring the first part of Robin's comment.

"Cause your name speaks for itself" Robin retorted, "But if you want a nickname, I can think of a few-"

"No thanks" Lily interrupted, already guessing that the nicknames would be distasteful, based on how she had treated Robin back in high school, "I'll stick with Lillian".

"We're not gonna die" Steve insisted, "We're gonna get out of here. You just gotta let me think for a second".

"Yeah, cause that's not dangerous at all" Robin chuckled.