Love Beside Me

We walk to the place where her car is parked. She doesn't say too much and you're just busy by admiring her beautiful features.

She jumps in the driver seat and you're waiting for her approval.

"Hop on" She shouts with her fake funny accent, of course laughing.

You open passenger door and get next to her. You're not looking at her, your nervousness overwhelming you. Cate is staring at you, you can feel it.

"Aren't you afraid? " She is looking directly at your eyes.

"I don't know, what are you..." You are choking on your reply.

"Your seatbelt. " She chuckles.

Okay. I look like a stupid fuck.

Quickly, you fasten it as she starts the engine and drives off.

There is a comfortable silence between you.

Omg talk to her. This is your lifetime chance to talk to her.

"So.. hows the movies? " You say, mentally punching yourself for saying something not intelligent.

Cate smiles with her teeth showing.

"Actually, pretty well. I have some interesting projects ahead. I have been very lucky to be able to continue with my work. It is not easy time for anyone. What about you and your music producing?" She gets serious.

"Well, it was hard to write something. The music, I mean. This year was devastating, there were times I didn't want to even hear the piano. But about the lyrics, it was the opposite. Too much thoughts, too much desperation " You say kind of sadly.

"How is that so? " Cate asks calmly.

She is really interrested in me. I can tell.

"Pandemia wasn't the only thing that has happened this year. I lost someone, too. "

"Oh, I am very sorry, darling. You do not have to talk about it. " She looks at me kind of worried.

"No, no. It's okay now. I survived. It's stupid, she is only my dream now. She just chose to leave. It happens. " You try to assure her that she can asky everything and you don't mind.

"But still, sorry to hear. So..." Cate is blushing a little and is not sure how to ask you, obviously. But she continues. "Did you love her? Those songs you played, was that about her? "

You take a moment and reply. "Yes, yes and no. But mostly yes." You smile and throw your hands to the air.

"She is very lucky to have song written about her. I admire that ability to transform feelings to words and to art. You are really talented, y/x. " She tells you with a low sexy voice and intense gaze.

"Are you kiding? You are the best actress in the universe! You transform every feeling to art. I have seen it all. Charming, amazing, powerfull performances. And sexy.. " The words slipped of your mouth before you could stop it.

"Oh thank you" She is laughing. "But seriously, there is a difference between my work and yours. You can write and compose your feelings, from your heart and soul. No on is judging you for what you feel. But I do act. I am whoever the director wants me to be, but no one really knows ME and everyone sees me, my body, I mean, not real me. " She talks like more to herself than me. "Like your heores, nothing, like your idols, nothing.." She smiles.

"No more painters, no more writers, no more musicians..." You surprise her with your knowledge of the Manifesto. ¨

Wide blue eyes, she stares at you. "You know Manifesto? "

"It's so moving. I love it. You were..." You take deep breath, you can't find the word to describe her.

Goddes. Perfect. Evertyhing.

"But back to the acting: Yes, it must be hard for you. " You're telling her to assure her, that you can understand.

She doesn't talk anymore for a moment. You just watching her driving.

"You didn't tell me the most important thing, dear. " She smiles and you are relieved that she is back with her lighter mood. "Your adress. "

"Oh. Just this way, then the Roosevelt Bridge and take the left. "

"Alright, that's that. Should I turn on some music?" She says and you are amazed with her voice again. Cate takes her blond hair from her face and takes it behind her ear.

Don't stare. Don't stare. Don't stare. Her lips. I could kiss...Stop it.

"Ok. " You reply as you hear familiar song.

So how do I become somebody new?
How do I begin to make it happen
How will I believe and see this through?
When I feel so unready
And I feel so alone?

Omg. She just turned on YOUR music.

"Oh my god. Where did you get that? " You feel embarrased hiding your face in your hands.

"Well, I searched you on THE youtube, I mean, youtube. And it amazed me the second I heard it. " Cate says, almost whisper.

You want to tell her that this is your most personal song but you're arriving to your street and you have to show her the way to your house. She stops the car and you are not sure what to do next. You know you have to go, but you don't want to.

You start. "Sooo... thank you very much.. "

She doesn't let you finish the sentence. "Thank you. Your music and your company helped me in many ways. I was so lost before and could't go on...So thank you for the beautiful evening with beautiful lady. " She looks down with not so much confidence in her voice.

"Cate, if you want to talk to someone, I am great listener and I don't judge. I am here, if you want me to be. " you say almost confidently. You feel like she has some kind of secret. Did anything happen to her?

"Well, in that case. Can I have your number? " She smiles and seems really relieved.

You give her the card with your number. You open the door and want to just go home with saying goodbye. But she takes your hand, you are confused. Cate takes you back to the passenger seat and gives you a big hug. She touches your back and caresses your arm. You feel her hot breath on your neck, suddenly feel your hot cheeks. You don't want her to stop. The intensity of her touch is unbearable, you begin to tremble.

She whispers to your ear. "I could not help myself. Good night, darling. "

You step out of the car, turn around to wave her goodbye and go to your home.

How can I function after this? Was that hug about me or did she just need someone? Will I see her again? Was it just a dream?

Song For You/ Cate Blanchett fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें