Full Circle

Your POV

"Cate!" You shout but she's nowhere to be seen. But then, there she is, wrapped in her hoodie, walking away from you, again. "Cate, please wait!"

You really don't know what you're doing, obviously, your heart is winning over your brain. Again. She stops, but never turns around. You run to her, standing close to her back. The rain is realy heavy but nobody cares, it washes the old scars from your soul, from your heart. It is just you and Cate, here, right now.

"Can you turn around?" You're catching your breath.

But she does not. Only thing you hear beside the rain drops is her tiny voice. "What is going to happen if I do? Is this just my imagination and you're not here?" She shakes her head as she let the hood fall on her shoulders. Her hair is getting wet quickly but you understand why she did it.

She is free. As you are.

"I am here..." You take her hand and make her turn around. She doesn't look at you at first, staring and her own feet, but she lifts up her chin and her eyes find you. Maybe she cries, you think, maybe it's only the rain, but this moment is perfection.

"I am here..." You repeat.

"I am sorry Y/N, I..." She breaks down in front of you. And you do what you have to do. After wiping her tears, you sneak your arms around her waist, she lets you, Cate is so vulnerable right now it kind of surprises you. You put your hands on her hear, caressing it softly.

"I am sorry, too. " And with that, you kiss her.

Next morning - Your house, well, your bedroom, to be exact

"Do you think we can stay like this all day?" Cate makes the puppy eyes.

"Let me think, I have to be on stage tomorrow, I just need to listen some samples today, nothing big..,so yes, we can! " You whisper to her ear and kiss it.

"Can I listen too, are you making new music?" Cate asks rather curious.

"Why not...it's just, I've changed my music lately, maybe you won't like it."

"Oh..I am sure I will love it. " She kisses your lips as you cuddle.

You want to enjoy the moment but something bothers you and you need to let it out. "I need to ask you something. This night was amazing, I am happy and I know what I want and need. That's you, by the way." You add with a smile. "But what now...what about your life, your hiding, everyone is after you. You love your career and.."

Cate smiles and put a finger on your lips. "I know what I want in life, too. Her name is Y/N and she is my everything." She winks and you. "Don't worry. I will keep my career, I just need a little more time not to be seen. But when I come back to eyes of the world, you'll be with me, oficially. Just us, no pretending, no more negotiation, no more publicist telling me who I can be and what I can and can't do. I was afraid but not anymore. I hope I am good enough at my job that that directors won't care about my personal life. And if they do? I can direct myself. That's that."

You are speechless. What is it about Cate that she makes your heart racing just by few sentences?

You want to believe her. You want to believe that she speaks the truth.

"So basically...you want to hide a little longer now, with me, just us? " You pretend to be serious but she knows your thoughts already.

"That and make a small vacation. In case you can leave the city for a while, of course. And your girlfriend." Cate says.

You know what she wants to hear but you're not give it to her, not yet.

"Yeah, I will talk to her, I think she will be fine with it, she can cope for some time without me. " You reply like it is no big deal.

Cate stays silent at first. When she opens her mouth to say something, you interrupt her.

"I love you, Catherine." You give her small kiss, get up and go to the bathroom. You feel her eyes following you.

You love her so much. She is the one. The most beautiful person on this planet. But you need to be sure that this time it's for real. So why not play a little game?