Burried In The Sand

There's a storm coming so you need to close the windows around the house. As you look out to the garden and to the sky, you feel it again.

No.

You want to close the door to the garden and the very familiar smell fills your nose.

No.

Her smell, her parfume.

It can't be. It's only your imagination, Y/N.

You walk back to your bedroom and when you turn around from closing the door, your eyes meet. You stare at her and she stares back. As thunder hits somewhere close to your house, you feel like it is hitting your head. Her slender body sitting on the chair behind your bed, legs crossed like it's not big deal that she's here. Her hands rest on her chest and the corners of her lips are slightly up. Her face is shining even in the dark, like it used to when you were together.

You are mad. Mad that she's here, mad that she left you, mad that you still feel something...Your heart is racing and knees feel like a jelly.

"Beautiful as ever, I must say." She smiles.

"What are you doing here?! Or should I ask differently? What brings you here without your beloved hubby, Mrs. Upton? " You want to scream at her.

"Look, I understand that.."

"Oh please, cut that crap. What do you want? "

"You." She replies with looking to your eyes.

And just like that you don't know what to say. You anger is replaced by worry.

"You know that the whole planet is looking for you...I don't want anyone to find you here, so you should go." You sound so sure of yourself.

"I will, I promise. I just want you to know why I ran...I was hidden at secret place of mine, I could not stay with him, well, I could, but I missed you so I made a plan. "

"Cate, that's nice but I need to sleep and we are no longer part of each other's lifes. You have decided that by yourself, remember? But I'm glad that you're okay. " That's all you want to say.

Cate stands up and walks to the door. But you hear the noise from downstairs. And then..

"Y/N !! You're up? " Jenny is here. Just great.

Cate wants to say something but you cover her mouth with your finger.

"I'm right with you, babe! Just a moment! " You call with fake happy voice. Then you turn to Cate. "She doesn't know that I know you, and she knows you went missing. Stay here and don't go anywhere." You realize you stand too close to her.

"All right. Is she your roommate? " Cate whispers and waits to your answer, her face unusually curious.

"She's my girlfriend."

"Oh. So why didn't you tell her about us? "

"I wanted to protect you. " You say and leave the room.

You spent some time with Jenny, but thinking about her and what she's doing upstairs. Jenny drank too much so she is soon asleep on the couch and you are glad that you don't have to create excuses why she can't go to your bedroom. She has to leave early morning so she won't come up. Well, you hope.

You return to your bedroom one again and lights are still off. Was she just a dream? You notice your bed moving and realize she is real. She is here, no dream, and she is laying in your bed. Her blonde hair spread messily. You're too tired to talk now, you just lay beside her and before you close your eyes, you whisper some words at least.

"You must be tired as I am, so you can stay till the morning."

"She sounds nice, I am glad you're happy, Y/N." Cate whispers back with eyes closed. "And thank you, I will be out first thing in the morning."

"Well, I am..."

"Does she love your music and your voice? " Cate says sleepishly with her deep accent.

"She does...but I never played or sing for her." With that, you turn around, suddenly you feel the urge to cry.

The last thing you remember before you fell asleep is Cate taking your hand into hers and holding it tightly.

Hi guys! sorry for not updating lately, but I will make it up to you :)

Thanks for reading new chapter!

Cate's gonna have hard times with Y/N , lol !