Yes, once more

Cate's POV

I sit it the damn car and wait. I asked her to marry me. Oh my God, Cate, you are so stupid. The last thing I want is to scare her away and pressure her to connect to my drama life. She had no time to answer, because of the damn radio call. During the whole interview, she won't even look at me, which is heartbreaking. She even got out of car. And the person from the show is not making it easier for me. 

Fuck. 

" and what do you like about that role?"  He asks me. Just a few more minutes and then I say hi to camera and I'm gonna be off. 

"Oh, I like the fact, that she is kind of amazed of this world, but still needs to crash it. As all of us women."  I make my laughing noise, which is fake, but I do it when I'm stressed. Y/N is walking around the car now. 

"So you like the fact, that she is woman." He asks again, this time more stupid. 

"I don't care if I play a woman of a man. There's no difference." I answer rather kindly, but want to end this. 

"Alright. Everyone, this is Cate Blanchett, 52 years old actress and Oscar winner, who was born like twenty years before me, that's cool, right?" He snores to the camera. 

I want to smash that kid. I turn on the camera, say hello to all listeners, wave and ....done. Just like that. I wait for Y/N to notice me and as she does, I point to the seat next to me. She gets in and stares in front of her. 

Great. 

"So how was it?" She asks. 

"Terrible. Some young "gentleman" didn't forget to mention my age and was really into the fact, that I am woman and "actress". I need drink." I smile at her. "Thank you for make up, though, it's incredible how talented you are." I add with hope she will talk to me. 

"right." She say. 

I take a breath to talk more but she interrupts me. 

"right." Y/N repeats while looking at me. 

I am nodding and then...then it hits me. I open my mouth in shock. "Do you mean what I think you mean?" Suddenly there are tears formed in my tired eyes. 

Y/N puts both of her hands on the sides of my face and she kisses me. "Yes, I want to marry you, Cate. Actually, there's nothing more I want to do. Trust me." She confesses. I lean into her arms.

I'm in heaven. 

We stay like that for few minutes. The rain starts to fall on the front window making calming sound. I feel my arousal but I need to control myself. There's gonna be plenty time for that. As soon as we part, I drive t our destination, which is small cottage by the lake. I arranged it, got it prepared for us to come and stay for a while. We bring our suitcases to the hall and I turn on the power and water. Meanwhile, Y/N looks around amazed by wooden furniture and art placed on the walls. I must admit, this was always my favourite place to think, to create and to hide. Should we stay here? I think so. She is never leaving again. We'll get married and that's that. I walk in to the kitchen as I get interrupted by my fiance. 

"It's beautiful. How come you never told me about this place?" she wonders. 

"Well, I am full of surprise, am I?" I chuckle stupidly. 

"You are, Cate, that you are." She answers but already looking up and down the pictures. 

I stay silent and start to unpack everything. After ten minutes, I go look for Y/N. She is nowhere to find so I go up to bedroom. Of course she's there, preparing the bed and unpacking her clothes. She smiles at me as I come closer to her and kiss her on the lips. 

"Since you mentioned surprise, there's one thing....Come with me, love." I say taking her hand and drag her out through back exit of the cottage. The lake opens its beauty, welcoming us with the crystal clear water. 

"Cate...this is..." She begins...

"Lost your words? Is that possible for you? " I say. "we can use the boat tomorrow, if you want. It's only us and the nature here. " 

"I would love that!" she is excited which makes me happy. 

I know that now is the time. "Y/N?"

She stares at me. 

"I want you have something, beside my heart, obviously." I take small box with ring inside out of my pocket. Now I need to get out that speech but God, I am so nervous. Way to go, Cate. 

"I planned the whole speech while I was driving but somehow the words can't even describe what I feel for you, my darling. The moment I met you, I knew it was going to be special between you and me. Your voice...your amazing voice saved me. And then your love made me to want to live, gave me everything I wanted. I know I am such a weird company, complicated, but Y/N, there is no one else then you. I love you with all my existence. Your selflessness, your beauty,  your brilliant mind...I cannot and will not get enough!" I make dramatic gesture to lighten the speech. 

"This is for you. Stay with me forever." I end it putting the chain with ring around her neck. I know she doesn't like traditions so I made it a little original. 

Y/N wipes the tears from her face. "You know what my dreams were until I met you?" I shake my head. "I dreamt about perfect angel. Who is there for me, loving me, caring for me, angel who understands me and never leaves me. When we met, I wished it was you, but Cate, you are so much more than that. My heart is beating every second for you....Thank you. It will be my honor to marry the perfect woman..."

"I'm far from perfect, I told you!" I say. 

"And still ruining my moment ...but I forgive you. " She laughs. "Dance with me." She offers her hand. Y/N starts hummimg some lovely melody as we press our bodies together, holding each other tight and swaying. 

Say yes once more
You deserve to feel that rush again
Say yes once more
Let it touch you like it did back then
Remember the good times
Let go of the pain
Say yes

I say YES to us, my love.

"What's the song?" I whisper to her hair. 

"I haven't figured it out yet. But maybe....song for you?" She whispers back. 

And just like that we dance together by the beautiful lake, leaving the world behind and not worrying about anything. Wind crushing to our sides, birds leaving us alone while sun goes down.

It's just us. Everything will be alright, we will be healed, I really really really try to believe it.