Can You Hear It?

You and Cate arrive to your house. It was the best day and night in your life. You flew back and watched stars together, holding hands and kissing each other. She seemed relaxed and happy. You are proud of herself for organizing such a date! Never ever you have imagined that you could be so in love with someone, and that someone will be HER loving you back.

Unbelievable.

It's 2 AM and you go to get a shower, leaving Cate to get ready for bed. After the hot shower, you snuggle to her in your bed and soon she is spooning you from behind. You feel protected, loved, happy.

"Good night, my love. " She whispers to your hair and with that you fall asleep.

You wake up next morning, feeling the empty space next to you.

No, not again. Please. Where are you, Cate?

Before you start to panic seriously, Cate, wearing nothing, walks to bedroom and lays next to you.

"Already awake? " She smiles at you.

"I felt weird without you here, so I woke up...." You answer not looking at her.

"Hey..." She lifts your chin to make you look at her eyes. "I told you I am not running again, Y/N. Don't worry, please. We are together, right? " She means it. "Right? " She repeats.

"I know. It is just.. " You caress her blond hair.

"Just what? " She chuckles. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something, darling. " She says and kisses your lips.

So you talk.

After 20 minutes of talking and touching, Cate goes to bathroom and you have to think. She told you that Andrew sent her many messages. He wants to talk to her about children and money. You are scared. You can't let anything happen to her and you know what he is capable of.

"What if...Sorry, I have an idea. What if you go with me, Y/N? Would that be alright for you? " Cate asks, standing before you with wet hair. You were in deep thoughts that you even didn't realised she was there.

"Well..ok. I want to protect you. " You say.

"Would you? " She asks not looking at you.

What question is that? !

"Of course! I will forever protect you. "

The meeting with Andrew is arranged within three days. You kind of forgot about that because you and Cate have so much fun together. After the passionate lovemaking, she mentioned, that she wants to take YOU out.

"So, what do you say, date with and extremely old woman? " She says with wink.

"Is she rich and famous? " You laugh.

"Well, she is. " She answers proudly.

"Then ok, sure, I'm in! " You laugh together.

Now, you can't wait for the date. Cate is mysterious person and you don't know what she has planned. And the weirdest thing is, that the date begins at midnight.

So you slept until noon, ate lunch together, watched Elizabeth together with Cate covering her eyes for the entire movie, then you went to your studio to wrote the song. That song will be only for Cate and you have to make it perfect. You want to play and sing it for her one day, maybe when you propose or something like that.

Wait a minute. Propose? Do I really think about marrying her?

You know you want to, you are just afraid what she will say. And she is not even divorced, yet. You shake off your thoughts and continue writing.

Can you hear it? This is the sound that love makes
The fingerprint of a snowflake
It paints a picture of you

Can you feel it? This is the flavor of sunshine
The way your body it moves mine
I can taste you in the coolest raindrops

You know this song will be everything. Cate has no idea, you hope. She is in your living room right now, having the online interview with Elen Degeneres for the show. You decide to go earsdropp, which seems like a brilliant idea at the moment.

You stand close to the wall and open the door silently. Cate is wearing the read blouse and looking....breathtaking. Angelic.

(I don't own the picture

(I don't own the picture. But isn't she perfect? <3)

"....there is. " You hear Cate saying.

"And will you tell us his name, or should I guess, which will make this episode really loooooong." Ellen says with funny voice.

"I will whisper to you later, Ellen, but don't worry, you don't have to guess the male names. " Cate chuckles.

Ellen starts to clap and the online audience screams with excitement.

"What are you doing to us, oscar winner Cate Blanchett!? "

"Love is love. So what is the difference if there was a man or is woman. " Cate says warmly.

"And that is right! Ladies and...well, ladies, that was our lovely, Cate Blanchett! "

With everyone screaming and clapping, that is the end.

You are so happy!! You were afraid that you will have to hide but Cate surprised you with honesty. She really loves you and wants to the world to know. You want to run to her and tell her that you heard but she begins to talk to Ellen again, this time privately without the audience.

"So Blanchett, tell me, who is she? "

"Look, I will not tell you her name but she is the most amazing person and alluring woman I have ever met. You will recognize her soon, I think. She is artist and is really talented with her music. Also, I have met the love of my life, I am really happy Ellen. I can fucking trust her with my life, she is the my first of everything. Now, I can imagine what people say about true love, this is what I am experiencing. I can be myself. Oh, sorry, I could go on and on...But what about you, I hope you are healthy and happy.. "

You've had enough. Your heart is beating so fast. She speaks so beautifully of you.

Love of her life. Love of her life. Love of her life.

You go back to your studio make the happy dance like a fool.

Should I tell her I've heard, right?