Answer

It has been two weeks, since you saw Cate for the last time. Still no calls, no messages, nothing. Clearly, you have to forget her. She deserves 10 more Oscars for the acting with you. You can't see her picture in the social media or watch interview, because once you tried it, you were sick in your stomach.

It's Saturday evening and you have a to sing and play at Bar Café, again. You are not in the mood to meet people. You have not talked to anyone for past two weeks. This is how you deal with heartbreaks. This is what fucking love does to you.

You have to get into your clothes and start to get ready. You go out to take out trash and bottles, and check your mail. There is a small envelope in mailbox. You go back inside the house and open the envelope.

Your legs start to shake.

My Darling,

I can not even start to tell you how sorry I am for leaving you without a single word. I do understand that you might possibly hate me right now and it is breaking my heart.

My love, I had to go to my house, to deal with everything, to arrange the divorce and care of my children. I had to do it on my own, this how I am, on my own. It was a mistake, I should have talked to you. After our night together, I realized, that I do want to be with you every night, every morning, always, and I admit, it scared me a little, but that is what my heart chose. You, I mean. Those few days with you was the best time in my life.

I understand, if you do not want to see me or talk to me ever again, I do.

I miss you deeply. hoping for your forgiveness, apologizing for hurting you.

Now you see, not celebrity, not perfect.. just ordinary old woman making mistakes.

With love,

C.

You don't know what to do. Tears are streaming down your face. Does it mean she wants me? Or is this some kind of fun? You can't trust her, not right now.

I love her but she hurt me...I can't forgive her.

You leave the letter on the table. You can deal with it later, you are already late.

You arrive to the club and go straight to dressing room. You check yourself in the mirror.

Not bad. You think.

You take on Armani blazer which you bought in online vintage shop. The pandemia learned you.

You try to sing some notes, your neck is hurting which is caused by your emotional state. The assistent comes to check on you and is relieved that you are aready. You hear the person on stage talking about you and that is your moment. You come to stage, wave to the dark and sit behind the piano. You wanted to play the opening song but you changed your mind. Those feelings need to get out and you start to sing and play the song, which you wrote after breakup with your ex, it was like a wish for you, but right now it is more perfect than ever.

Every time I see you, I can't help but look away
All along I had believed everything you'd say
When I look now I know I've seen your face before
I don't want your deceiving smile, standing at my door

And I don't care what people say
I'm ready now to face this day
'Cause I have lost you along the way

And you ask for forgiveness
You're asking too much
I have sheltered my heart in a place you can't touch
I don't believe when you tell me your love is real
'Cause you don't know much about heaven, boy
If you have to hurt to feel.

After sing song you say goodbye to the small crowd and go back to the changing room. You start to pack your belongings and hear the knock on the door. The asistant takes a peek inside and whispers all excited. "Y/X, you have a quest! "

Before you even take a breath to answer...

"It was magnificent. "

You can't look at her, you feel her everywhere, in your ears, mouth, eyes, in the air. You hear her closing the door and coming closer to you. You are brave enough to lift up your head and stare to the blue. You are lost. You are in transe. Her eyes are so clear, full of sadness. She is all that matters in this world, forever.

"Should I leave? " She asks, her insecurity is visible. She covers herself with her jacket, nervously.

You are woken by her voice. You almost forgot how sexy it sounds, how it touches your soul. She saves your life with only three words, that much effect she has on you.

"Yes. No...I don't know. It's up to you, Cate. But I don't know why you're here, I read your letter. " You try to play it cool.

"That song, about forgiveness...Am I asking too much? " She is getting closer and closer to where you stand.

"Why are you here? " You snap at her.

She places her blond hair behind her ear, then takes it back to the front.

"Because that ordinary old woman loves you with all of her heart. She realized you are her dream, she dreamt about you before she even met you. She considers you as a love of her life and wants to be with you, to change her bad habits for you. She needs you, because she used to be the famous Cate Blanchett, unhappy person, with you, she is normal, happy. And she asks for forgiveness, " She starts to shed tears and goes quickly to the door, wanting to get out as soon as possible.

You are shocked, really shocked by what she said.

This is the dream, this is what YOU wished. SHE is YOUR dream, too.

You know what to do.

"Cate, wait. Don't leave. " You take a few steps toward her, lift her chin and wipe her tears. You look deep in her eyes and smile. She knows.

She hugs you so tight and places the kiss on your lips. Both of your hearts are beating fast.

I dreamt about you, too.