Thirty Four

continuation of January, 1997

"Aight, whatcha think?" Marshall asked as he came out of the bathroom with a completely shaved face. 

I sighed of relief. "Thank god that thing is gone." 

He laughed as he came over to the couch and plopped himself down beside me. "What?! You said you liked it!" 

The corners of my mouth slightly turned upwards. "Yeah well, I lied." I let out a little giggle and reached my hand out. "Let me feel." 

"Hell nah." He swatted my hand away. "You just hated on the chin strap, you ain't get to touch nothin' now." 

I laughed. "Please! It looks so smooth."

"Take it back." 

I laughed again. "Marshall just let me feel it!" I said as I reached out once more but he swatted my hand away once more. 

"Take back what you said 'bout the chin strap!" He said with a big smile. 

"Fine! Fine. I take it back."

"Because you like the chin strap?" 

"Yes. Because I like the chin strap." 

He laughed. "Aight." He said as he stuck the side of his face out at me.

 I reached out once more and ran the back of my hand over his cheek. "Ooh, it's so soft." 

He smiled and slid the palm of his hand over his other cheek. "Yeah, it feels good actually."

"See! I told you." I smiled as I took my hand away from his face. "What do you think of the blonde?" 

"It looks so different I almost didn't recognize myself." 

I laughed. "I know, it is different. It looks good with your eyes though." 

"Yeah? You think?" 

I nodded. "Yeah of course. It just makes the blue stand out a lot more." 

He nodded in agreement. "I like that you went back to your natural colour." 

"The black you mean?" I asked as I picked up some of the hair off of my shoulder in between my fingers. 

He nodded again. "Yeah, it's you. The blonde was cool, but I like your natural better." 

"Well it is dyed, I had to dye over the blonde with black, but thanks. I like it better too." I smiled gently. 

He smiled back at me as he reached out and took the same chunk of hair in between his fingers. "Yeah, it's pretty." 

I giggled. "Okay, are we gonna watch a movie or what are we doin'?" 

He nodded as he got off of the couch. "Yeah, you wanna order a pizza or somethin'?"

"Please! I haven't had pizza in so long." 

He laughed. "Aight, we can do that." He grabbed his cordless house phone and tossed it to me. "Whatchu wanna watch?" He asked as he squatted down in front of his TV stand and started rummaging through the box of movies that was beside it. 

I shrugged. "You pick." 

He laughed and turned his head towards me. "You really want me to do that?" 

"Yeah y'know what, I haven't watched one of your dumb superhero movies in a minute, so you can pick." I joked. 

He laughed again. "Fine I will." He dug through a couple of movies until he found one. "We watched Batman Returns together right?" He asked as he turned to look at me once more.