Nine

July, 1990

It was a month later and currently me, Sharonda, and Angie were on our way over to Marshall and Denaun's. There was no party going on, we were more so just hanging out with our little group and drinking I'm pretty sure. It felt so good to have all my friends and our whole group go back to normal. I could finally go back out to parties with all of them like I used to, and I wasn't having to constantly dodge Marshall, thank god.

Speaking of Marshall, things had almost completely gone back to normal with us as well. I say almost because him and Angie were still messing around here and there, which I really didn't like or appreciate, but I just ignored those feelings and never said anything to either of them. I didn't wanna say anything to Marshall since it wasn't my place and I didn't wanna make him feel bad, and I didn't say anything to Angie because I didn't wanna have to tell her about all our past shit. That was just a situation I definitely did not wanna have to deal with, at least right now. 

"Who's all comin' tonight?" Sharonda asked me as all three of us walked on the sidewalk towards Marshall and Denaun's. 

I shrugged. "I think it's just us." 

She nodded. "Okay good. I just wanna have a chill night." She said. 

"Me too." Angie said. 

"Yeah, I don't think it'll be crazy by any means. At least that's what Denaun told me." I said. 

"Thank god." Angie said again. "Hopefully that means Marshall wont get as fucked up tonight as he did last weekend so he can actually fuck me." 

Sharonda and Angie laughed together but I internally cringed. I hated when she talked about him like that. Marshall was more than just a dick with a body attached, his mind was one of the most beautiful places, but she would never get to experience that since all she focused on was sex. 

Her comment was confusing to me though, considering I was also at that party last weekend, and Marshall definitely did not seem that drunk to me, but who knows? I ain't never tried to have sex with him while we were drunk, so maybe he just got whiskey dick really easily. But I swear he only had at most three beers. Hm, weird. "Y'know Ti, I can't believe you've known all these dudes basically your entire life and you ain't never fucked any of 'em?" Angie asked me confused. 

My face turned sour at the thought of having sex with Denaun, Rufus, or DeShaun. "That is so gross, don't even say that." 

Sharonda giggled. "Seriously though! Not even Denaun?! He's such a lil cutie." 

I shook my head and scrunched my eyebrows. "Never ever ever. I have never been attracted to any of them." 

"I don't know how, Marshall's just so fuckin' sexy." Angie gushed. 

I cringed again. He has more to offer than his appearance I screamed internally, but I forced a laugh anyway. "And that's why you're with him and not me." 

"Well I ain't with him yet, but definitely soon." She gave a devilish smirk. "I can feel it."

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm sure you will be." 

A few short moments later we arrived at Marshall and Denaun's and let ourselves inside. "Hellooo!" Angie yelled out as we stepped into the doorway. 

"Yo!" DeShaun turned around in his seat and greeted us. Him, Marshall and Rufus were all sitting on the couch together, while Denaun, and some random kid sat on two of the kitchen table chairs directly across from the others. He was about a medium build, but with really broad shoulders which caught me off guard. He didn't look any older than me, but I always found it really rare to come across guys my age with broad anything. "This is Karnail!" DeShaun said again as he pointed towards the random guy.