Seven

February, 1990

Christmas came and went, and then New Years came and went and it was honestly one of the worst holiday seasons I had experienced in a long time. I just mentally was in no place to be celebrating, or even wanting to celebrate. I spent Christmas with my mom, Pepper, and DeShaun of course, but even though I was there physically I knew I wasn't there mentally. 

I've become sorta close friends with a girl from the club whose real name is Angie, but she goes by Ruby at the club. That's actually the reason of why we became friends, we both have jewels as our fake names, so we thought it was funny. One night when we were working, some guys offered us a thousand dollars each to just come home with them for the night and party. So of course we did, I mean I was in no position to be saying no to a grand. We both ended up sleeping with them, so I guess you could say that's kinda become our thing now. We usually try to find dudes to go home with after our shifts are done, but we always go together since we really ain't tryna get murdered, but the money's good, so it sorta makes it worth it for us. 

Anyway, that's what we ended up doing on New Years. DeShaun had invited me out to some party that him and all the guys were going too, but ever since Marshall stayed over in December when me and Eric first broke up, things have just been really weird between us so I didn't end up going. It feels like we've both taken giant steps back from each other and I barely even talk to him nowadays. It really hurts, but there's not much I can do I guess. I don't even know if him and Kim are still together, but I would assume they are. I think that's the main reason for why he's stepped away from me at least, he doesn't wanna cheat on Kim. It feels like ever since we kissed that last time, that things have just been so weird and different, which doesn't make any sense because we had already had sex once? How does a kiss make things weird but sex doesn't? 

I introduced Angie and Sharonda, since I felt like they would get along really well which they did. Ever since then, we've kinda become a threesies and don't go too far without each other. It felt really good to have some girls around me, especially since things with me and Marshall have been so weird, it's definitely been impacting our group as a whole. I still see DeShaun, Denaun, and Rufus when I can, but they're usually always with Marshall so it makes it difficult. No one really knows why me and Marshall have been so weird, but I'm sure they all have their own theories. I swear, those boys love to gossip almost as much as girls do.

Currently I had just gotten home from a 'date' with some guy I had met at the club a few nights ago. Me and Angie had went back to his friends house with him a bunch of other guys, and then he had ended up calling me yesterday asking me to hang out again. I use the term 'date' loosely though, because it wasn't a real date. I would call it more so me working overtime, if you know what I mean. 

I was in the bathroom taking off my makeup when I heard someone obnoxiously banging on my door. The fan in the bathroom was really loud, so I turned it off and listened for a moment, only to hear Marshall's voice singing my name really loudly. I was confused no doubt, but it sort of made me laugh hearing him sing. He's gotta be drunk. 

I walked out of the bathroom and over to the front door. As I was trying to unlock it, he kept jiggling the door handle. "Stop! I'm tryna unlock it!" I yelled. 

"Tiiiiii! Lemme in!" He yelled back. 

"I'm tryna!" I yelled once more and successfully got it unlocked this time. As I swung the door open he nearly fell over top of me since he must have been leaning on it. 

"Shit! Fuck!" He muttered as he stumbled towards me and I couldn't help but laugh. 

"Ya think this shit is funny?" He laughed with me as he found his footing.