Three

February, 1989

The day after Eric 'kicked me out' I was able to go over and talk some sense into him. I guess he had forgotten that I was working that night, so when he came home from work he thought that I had just went to some party without him. He eventually believed me though when I showed him the two envelopes of cash I came home with that night which I was thankful for.   

I did feel bad about Marshall changing his New Years plans and making him stay with me all night though, so as a way to repay him I was watching Nate while his mom was on another bender and he was taking Kim on a date. DeShaun had told me they got back together a few weeks after my big blow up with Eric which I thought was weird, but if they were happy then that's all that matters. 

After I put Nate to bed, I decided to go look around Marshall's room. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I'm a nosey person, I can't help it! I've been in his room before, and it was always messy, but not this time. This time it was spotless. I giggled to myself knowing he was probably planning on bringing Kim back here, and I wouldn't doubt if that was why he cleaned. I opened a few of his dresser drawers and it was all just socks, underwear, and jeans. Boring. 

I continued on to the bedside table and opened that drawer. The first thing I noticed was an opened box of condoms which made me laugh. I took a closer look at the box and it read "for her pleasure." I raised my eyebrows and nodded. Good job Marshall. I also noticed a little notebook that was under the box of condoms. I carefully slid it out since I didn't wanna touch the box and sat down on his bed with it. I flipped it open and saw what looked like different rhymes scribbled all over the pages. Jackpot. I smiled at it and kept flipping the pages.

"I'm givin' mad love, I'm snugglin' hugs/Strugglin' thugs, smugglin' drugs/Jugglin' jobs, guzzlin' jugs."

"I saw my life flash in front of my eyes/I felt a butcher knife slash at one of my thighs."

"You wanna see fights, I got a match for ya/You couldn't flip shit playin' in toilets with a spatula." I let out a loud laugh but quickly shut my mouth when I realized I might have just woken up Nate. I sat for a few moments listening but there was no noise, thank god. I brought my attention back to the book and kept flipping through it. 

"It's an amazin' task to battle with success/I never gave a fuck, now I give a fuck less." 

"I'm reminiscin' on your tenderness/And the snugglin' and teasin'/Missin' what I remember/Kissin', huggin', and squeezin'/Buggin' and wheezin'/I'm havin' trouble when breathin'/It's even tougher when sleepin'." I gave a gentle side smile. He's so sweet. I hope Kim knows how much he loves her. 

Just as I was about the flip the page again I heard the front door open. I quickly shot up, threw the notebook back into the drawer and slammed it shut. Shit that was loud. I ran out of the room, flipping the light switch off on my way out and nearly ran into Marshall as I walked into the kitchen. 

He chuckled and gave me a confused look. "Fuck are ya doin'?" 

"Sorry I was just in the bathroom and heard ya come in." I tried my best to act relaxed. 

He nodded. "Aight freak." 

I laughed. "Fuck you. How was the movie? Where's Kim?" 

"Movie was fine 'til she started bein' a bitch." He said annoyed. 

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "What happened?"