19 | Trapped Inside

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 19 ]
❛Trapped Inside❜
-------- °° --------

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------[ Chapter 19 ]  ❛Trapped Inside❜-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

MORNING HAD NOT LONG ARRIVED after last night's escapades. Like Namjoon had asked of them, Jay and Amara found themselves stood outside the walls of the North door waiting for it to open, after having washed, dressed, ate and stretched themselves. . . now they were just waiting on Namjoon himself.

"I expect to see you both at the doors of the North, ready for opening. We waste no time." Amara made her voice countless tones deeper, mocking the words of Namjoon which he had spoken only yesterday, annoyed by his blatant absence.

Jay laughed as he shook his head, regaining a straight posture after finishing his stretches. "Don't let Joonie hear you— he may just accidentally lose you in the maze."

Amara scoffed, seemingly blind to Jay now focusing his gaze on something behind her rather than herself, too busy on a tangent to even notice. "I think I'll be the one 'accidentally' losing him in the maze." She remarked. "I mean, honestly. You can't make a big deal about being on time, only to show up late yourself. The audacity."

Amara may have been too frustrated with the so-called 'leader of the Glade' to be blind in seeing Jay now fighting back a large smile. However, she wasn't deaf. . . she heard someone clear their throat from behind her.

"Mornin'." Namjoon greeted simply when the girl turned around to face him, brushing over her mocking tones. She was finally able to see the older boy stood there with Hope by his side.

"Nice of you to finally show up." She greeted back, not at all phased by him or by the way his hard eyes bored into her own; his jaw clenched in an attempt to restrain his short temper.

"I'd watch your tone, missy." Namjoon warned with a stern finger pointed her way, wanting her to end her cheekiness now before she got carried away. Amara smirked in challenge.

"Would it kill for you both to get on, for once?" Hope spoke up with a sigh, his hands on his hips.

Namjoon and Amara both turned to face Hope, a distraught look of horror on each of their faces— disbelieved by what he had suggested. At least they could agree on one thing.

Hope and Jay both laughed at their expressions, however, their laughter was soon drowned out by the sound of the gears grinding in the stone walls of the maze, shaking the earth and deafening their ears as the four large doors to the maze began to open.

"See, right on time!" Namjoon shouted, in hopes the younger and easily agitated female could hear him. . . which she did.

"See, right on time." Amara mimicked in a high-pitched voice with her face scrunched up— of course she had to get the last word in, she was petty like that.