03 | Tour time with Hope

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 3 ]
❛Tour time with Hope❜
-------- °° --------

AMARA COULDN'T DENY IT, the Glade truly was beautiful, even if they were stuck there for what she presumed would be the rest of their lives

AMARA COULDN'T DENY IT, the Glade truly was beautiful, even if they were stuck there for what she presumed would be the rest of their lives... so a long time.

As Hope guided her to the place where he deemed the place where every tour should start, after learning the dark secrets of what lurks in the maze, she couldn't help her eyes from admiring her surroundings.

The bright, green grass they were currently treading on, was shining underneath the bright suns rays, stretching out to cover the entirety of the vast courtyard. She only now realised how big the glade truly was since she wasn't able to make out her surroundings properly when it was dark. The Gladers who were quite a far distance away, appeared small to her.

The four enormous stone walls, surrounded them from all directions. They towered above her, only making her feel smaller than she already was within the large Glade.

She distinctly remembered when she witnessed the walls open up earlier. The earth grumbled and shook from the sheer mass of the walls as they parted - revealing four large gateways leading into the darkness of the maze... the gateways where Jay and his 'runner friends' had disappeared into not long ago.

Swallowing down the nerves she felt building up for Jay and the other boys that had ran into the maze, Amara took in a huge breath, loving the feeling of the fresh air entering her lungs. The smell of the sweet earth calmed her senses, the wind dancing through her hair as herself and Hope reaches their first destination.

"Right." Hope claps his hands together. Amara quickly realised they were standing back at the place where she arrived - the box.

"This here's the box. Once a month, we get a newbie like you, usually never fails. But then you came two weeks early... and in the middle of the night." Hope scratched at his hair, still appearing confused at the abnormal event, before shaking his head and continuing on.

"Once a week we get supplies, clothes, some food - even animals at times." He chuckles. "We don't know jack about the box, get me? Where it came from, how it gets here, who's in charge. The shanks that sent us here ain't told us nothin'. We got all the electricity we need, grow and raise most of our food, get clothes and such..."

Amara let out an 'ohhh' sound when he explained about the electricity. She did wander how they have electricity in what could be the middle of nowhere, however she figured anything's possible in a place which delivers kids in a metal box, stealing their memories while they're at it.