16 | Glader Exile

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 16 ]
❛Glader Exile❜
-------- °° --------

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------[ Chapter 16 ]  ❛Glader Exile❜-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

BOTH AMARA AND JUNGKOOK were fascinated at the mention of a dead griever. The nasty creature the two newbies had seen from behind the safety of the stone wall; behind glass, was terrifying to think about, but they wondered why finding a dead one was such a big deal. Had it never happened before?

The two were told countless of stories about the mechanically enhanced creatures that roamed the maze freely, waiting for its next victim. The stories were enough to keep them fearful of the creatures, however, did it keep them from out the maze? No. Amara was now running the maze daily with Jay, whilst Jungkook fought against the growing itch, called temptation, to run into the maze and finally get a glimpse of what the runners would see everyday— the two were intrigued.

Namjoon, on the other hand, looked like someone had just told him he could grow wings and fly. "Ain't a good time for jokes." He warned the keeper of the Runners.

"Look." Jay sighed, the boy still resting against Amara. "I wouldn't believe me if I were you, either. But trust me, I did. Big fat nasty one." He mused.

'It's definitely never happened before. . .' Jungkook thought.

"You found a dead griever." Namjoon repeated, as if he couldn't believe the words spilling out of his own mouth or the accusations Jay claimed to be true. It was madness.

"Yes, Namjoon." Jay said, his tone soaked in annoyance. "A couple of miles from here, near the cliff."

Amara stared up at the boy she was holding so tightly onto, craning her neck to allow a better view of the handsome runner. The girl watched his eyes, watched the scene he had seen gloss over the brown irises of his eyes. It was obvious to her that he had seen something, not traumatising, but definitely mind-changing. . . And she believed him. How could she not? Why would he make up lies about something like this?

Namjoon looked out at the maze, then back at Jay. "Well. . . why didn't you bring it back with you?" He asked.

Both Amara and Jungkooks eyes widened— Had the man gone mad? . . . Surely a creature as large and weirdly mechanical as a griever, wouldn't be easy to drag back by a single pair of hands, even if Jay was a strong boy.