33 | Dreams gone up in smoke

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 33 ]
❛Dreams gone up in smoke❜
-------- °° --------

Amara and Jungkook sat in waiting upon the long grass in front of the looming stone doors that had been open for a long while now

Amara and Jungkook sat in waiting upon the long grass in front of the looming stone doors that had been open for a long while now. It was nearing 24 hours now. It was growing closer and closer to dawn, yet there were no signs of Jay's return. They were beginning to worry, Amara especially.

Her fingers fidgeted nervously, hoping her Jay would come back to her. To the Glade.

Footsteps sounded from behind the two of them, but neither bothered turning around to see who it was.

"What are you doing out here, you two?" It was Hope. He must have awoken from his unconscious state, after suffering a harsh blow from a raging Gally. "We have more important things to worry about!"

Hearing them words spill from his mouth, the twins finally turn around and face him. 

Amara threw him a look in disbelief. "More important than Jay running out into the maze with the grievers, like an idiot?" she tilted her head at him in question.

Hope placed a hand on his hips. "Well, if you shanks look behind me, you'll see exactly why we've got a big problem."

Rolling her eyes, Amara did as she was told, Jungkook too. The two were, not so pleasantly, greeted with the sight of smoke pouring out of the Map room. Surprisingly, Amara nor Jungkook cared too much about the maps that had without a doubt, lost their lives in the fire.

"Someone-"

"There he is!" Jungkook suddenly shouted, cutting off Hope and whatever he had to say. Jay had just turned a corner up ahead and was running straight for them. Jungkook cupped his hands around his mouth. "What where you doing, idiot?!"

Jay waited until he was back through the open doors and into the glade, before bending over and resting his hands on his knees, trying to catch back his breath. However, he was barely able to draw one breath before his body was being snatched, not by a griever, no, but by Amara. The girl wrapped her arms so tightly around Jay, he couldn't breathe, but he didn't exactly mind.

"Well, this is nice," Jay smiled and went to wrap his arms around Amara, to return the favour, except she pulled away and the Keeper's smile disappeared all too quickly.

"You idiot!" Amara exclaimed as she began to hit the Keeper repeatedly, letting out all of her pent-up frustration and worry on to the boy that had caused it. "What in God's name where you thinking?"