02 | Shocking revelations

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 2 ]
❛Shocking revelations❜
-------- °° --------

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------[ Chapter 2 ]  ❛Shocking revelations❜-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

"HERE, LOOK." The raven haired boy pointed his finger towards one the many large screens that occupied the walls, constantly looking over his shoulder to make sure no one would walk in and see he had snuck the girl in.

Taking a closer look, she seen the familiar figure of Jimin running through the maze alongside an unfamiliar boy, looks of utter determination etched onto their faces.

But seeing him inside the maze, the maze she hears nothing but horror stories about from the workers who gossip between one another, completely forgetting her presence, it made worry swirl inside of her.

"What's he doing in there?" She asked the boy who watched the screen alongside her. The feeling of sadness grew within her as she watched the boy who showed her happiness in times when she needed it most, was up there and at risk of death at any moment... completely forgetting she exists.

"The boys decided the fittest and bravest out of them should become runners, meaning they run through the maze to seek a way to freedom. . . but it isn't that easy." Her head snapped towards his as he looked down in shame.

"What do you mean it isn't that easy?" The boy only walked over to a computer located on the other side of the room, the girl hot on his tail, seeking answers.

"WICKED decided it's best to throw in challenges Amara, in the form of these nasty things..." an image of a haunting monster appeared on the screen, shocking her at just how horrifying and sinister the beasts appeared.

"The boys call them Grievers, they've had few run-ins with them - for now." Her heart dropped at his words.

"They were created to live in the maze and come out after dark. They are programmed; controlled to harass and even kill any of the boys who venture into the Maze, stopping them from discovering the way out. There's so many of them." She could feel the colour drain from her face at all this new information.

"Oh but it gets worse... Doctor Paige says that the Grievers have a mutated version of the flare, which can only be healed with the Grief Serum that they deliver amongst the other supplies once a week."

Amara frowns in her sleep when she feels someone, not so gently, shaking her awake, pulling her from out of her extremely realistic dream.

The second her eyes unwillingly opened and she seen someone hovering over her, she opened her mouth to scream only to have it forced shut by the persons hand clamped down over her mouth.