23 | Psycho's get punched

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 23 ]
❛Psycho's get punched❜
-------- °° --------

COMPLETE SILENCE FILLED THE ROOM, as if the world had been frozen, and every member of the Council stared at Jay

COMPLETE SILENCE FILLED THE ROOM, as if the world had been frozen, and every member of the Council stared at Jay. Jungkook too, sat stunned, waiting for the runner to burst out laughing and say he'd been joking.

Gally was the first one to break the spell, standing up. "That's ridiculous!" He faced Hope and pointed back at Jay, who had taken his seat again. "He should be kicked off the Council for saying something so stupid."

Any pity that Jungkook had felt for Gally, however remote, completely vanished at that statement.

Amara arose from her seat once more, her anger and hatred for the boy getting the best of her— how dare he even consider such a thing about Jay of all people. "I think you should be kicked off the council for all the nonsense you've spewed all meeting!"

Some keepers seemed to actually agree with Jay's and Amara's recommendations— like Jin and Suga, the two clapping loudly to drown out Gally, clamouring to take a vote. Others didn't. V, however, sat with his head buried in his hands, clearly appearing done with this whole meeting and everyone in it— Jungkook didn't blame him.

When everyone started talking at once, Jungkook copied V's actions and put his head in his hands to wait it out, terrified and awed at the same time. Why had Jay said that? 'Has to be a joke,' he thought, 'Hope said it takes forever just to become a runner much less the keeper himself'. He looked back up, wishing he were a thousand miles away.

Finally, Hope put his notepad down and stepped out from the semicircle, screaming at people to shut up. Jungkook watched on as at first, no one seemed to hear or notice Hope at all. Gradually, though, order was restored and everyone sat down.

"Shuck it," Hope scoffed. "I've never seen so many shanks acting like tit-suckin' babies. We may not look it, but around these parts were adults. Act like it, or we'll disband this bloody Council and start from scratch." He walked from end to end of the curved row of sitting keepers, including Amara and Suga, looking each of them in the eye as he spoke. "Are we clear?"

Silence had swept across the group. Jungkook expected more outbursts, but was surprised when everyone nodded those heads in consent, even Gally.

"Good." Hope nodded before he walked back to his chair and sat down, putting the notepad in his lap. He scratched out a few lines on the paper, then looked up at Jay. "That's some serious klunk, brother. Sorry, but you need to talk it up more before we move it forward."