21 | Welcome Back

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 21 ]
❛Welcome Back❜
-------- °° --------

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------[ Chapter 21 ]  ❛Welcome Back❜-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

HALF AN HOUR HAD PASSED. The trio found themselves slowly making their way back through the large maze, towards the Glade; hoping they won't run into any nasty grievers on the way. Jungkook had stopped crying not long after he had started, thanks to the help of Amara who comforted him back to a more stable mental state— which he was incredibly thankful for.

Although, he couldn't help but wonder what Jay and Amara would think of him, or if they'd tell others when they got back, thinking he was a sissy. However, he couldn't have prevented the tears even if he tried his best to, he knew. Even without his memories, he knew he had just been through the most traumatic night of his life and that tends to take a toll on someone. His sore hands and exhaustion didn't help.

However, he idolised Jay and Amara too much to realise that they felt the exact same. The two runners were tired beyond their wits, not used to running that much whilst having their guard up at all times, not to mention their emotional states had suffered severe blows— they were traumatised. But would that stop them from running into the maze again? No. . . finding a way out was more important to them.

"I still can't believe we survived the night." Jungkook broke the silence between the three of them, not able to contain himself any longer.

If Amara wasn't so tired and drained, she would have laughed at his words and the disbelief in his tone. Instead, she nodded her head up and down slowly, her gaze fixed ahead of her as they walked.

"I can't believe you killed a shucking griever, good on ya man." Jay spoke up with the shake of his head, him too in disbelief at the events that had unfolded.

Jungkook couldn't believe what he had done either, not only had he managed to find and reunite himself with Amara and Jay, which would of been as hard as trying to find a needle in a large haystack, but he had killed a griever, outran many and managed to come out alive at the end of it— this time yesterday he was being told to never set foot in the maze, now look at him. . . he dreaded to know the punishments he would, not may, face.

"Speaking of which, do you think there are more of them, like Amara had said? Or did we kill them all?" Jungkook expressed his queries.

Jay snorted. "Somehow we made it to sunrise, or we would've had ten more on our butts before long." He suddenly winced and hopped his next stride, as if it pained him to walk. "We did the impossible. We made it though the entire night— never been done before. Ever."

Amara noticed the boys slight limp. "Are you okay Jay?" She asked, but he dismissed her with the wave of his hand to assure her that he was okay. Amara didn't believe him but she didn't press on the matter.