09 | Runner Material?

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 9 ]
❛Runner Material?❜
-------- °° --------

THE NEXT MORNING, the morning after a day filled of cooking with Jin and the party last night, Jay had woken Amara up bright and early - much to her dismay

It had taken a great amount of effort from both parties, Jay and Amara, to get her from out of the warmth and comfort which was her bed, but also in stopping her from just choosing to roll out of it rather unglamorously and fall to the floor instead which took much less effort.

Jay had gave her the space she needed to allow herself chance to ready herself for the long; torturous day ahead filled with what would just be straight-up running. Thankfully though, the girl now had a change of her own clothes, undergarments and all, and so she was now changed into a tank top tucked into a pair of camouflaged cargo pants with black trainers. The trainers had to be worn instead of her usual boots, in warning from Jay that she wouldn't be able to run all day in those 'big and daft boots', his words exactly, but that didn't make her feel any better about the situation.

She replayed the memory of the rather unusual morning in her head. . .

Throwing her hair into a tight and high ponytail to get it out of her face, the girl sighed dramatically to make her presence known as she approached the back of the homestead where Jay had told her to meet him, catching his attention, smiling immediately when his eyes landed upon her figure.

Wordlessly, he cocked his head to the side and gestures for her to follow him in which she obliged willingly.

Jay had lead her to a small; defeated looking shack which he unlocked with a small key he pulled from out the depths of his black pants pocket. Walking inside, Amaras face immediately scrunched up into a grimace, coughing loudly as she attempted to swat away the cloud of dust that had formed before her.

Jay simply chuckled at her, clearly amused.

Now fully inside, Amara realised just how dusty the inside of the room was and how it was crawling with all types of bugs and insects, the wooden walls dressed with cobwebs. The lack of light made the room have a depressing ambience to it, only making the girl feel more against the trials she would be forced to face today.

Seemingly old and what she thought to be 'poorly-crafted' weapons hung from the walls, or were left strewn about the room sat idol on top of tables and cabinets. Numerous boxes were also scattered around the place and Jay had busied himself in sorting through them.