31 | The Grievers Attack

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 31 ]
❛The Grievers Attack❜
-------- °° --------

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------[ Chapter 31 ]  ❛The Grievers Attack❜-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

Jungkook was speechless. Everything would be different now. No supplies, no protection from the Grievers. Theresa had been right from the beginning, everything had changed.

Jungkook felt as if his breath had solidified and lodged itself in his throat.

Namjoon pointed at the girl. "I want her locked up. Now. V! Suga! Put her in the Slammer, and ignore every word that comes out of her shuck mouth."

Teresa didn't react, but Jungkook did enough for the both of them.

"What're you talking about? Namjoon, you can't-" He stopped when Namjoon's fiery eyes shot such a look of anger at him, he felt his heart stutter. "But... how could you possibly blame her for the walls not closing?"

Hope stepped up, lightly placed a hand on Namjoon's chest and pushed him back to try and calm the situation. He looked at Jungkook. "How could we not, Kookie? She bloody admitted it herself."

Jungkook turned to look at Theresa, paled at the sadness in her blue eyes. It felt like something had reached through his chest and squeezed his heart.

"Just be glad you ain't goin' with her, Jungkook," Namjoon said; he gave both of them one last glare before leaving.

Jungkook had never wanted so badly to punch someone.

V and Suga came forward and grabbed Theresa by both arms and started escorting her away. Before they could enter the trees, though, Hope stopped them.

"Stay with her. I don't care what happens, no one's gonna touch this girl. Swear your lives on it." The two of them nodded, then walked away, Theresa in tow.

It hurt Jungkook even more to see how willingly she went. And he couldn't believe how sad he felt - he wanted to keep talking to her. 'But I just met her', he thought. 'I don't even know her'. Yet he knew that wasn't true. He already felt a closeness that could only have come from knowing her before the memory-wiped
existence of the Glade. Like Amara.

The next thirty minutes were an eruption of mass confusion. Though there had been no discernible change in the light since the sun and blue sky hadn't appeared that morning, it still felt like a darkness spread over the Glade. As Hope and Namjoon gathered the Keepers and put them in charge of making assign-
ments and getting their groups inside the Homestead within the hour; Jungkook felt like nothing more than a spectator, not sure how he could help.