04 | Sweet like Suga

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 4 ]
❛Sweet like Suga❜
-------- °° --------

THE MORNING LIGHT POKED AT THE GIRLS CLOSED EYELIDS, bringing her out of her state of peaceful sleep

Dawn had finally fell upon the Glade as the warm light from the sun covered the enclosed area. Birds chirping loudly and the distant sound of muffled voices outside of the homestead filled the void of silence.

As the warmth graced her face, her eyes fluttered open to be greeted by the morning sun shining through the small window in the room. Waking up, she momentarily forgot about last night and so as her eyes looked around the room and fell onto a black-haired boy sleeping in a bed next to her, she momentarily panicked.

It was only when the wooden door to the room was thrown open hastily, and her eyes fell upon the familiar brunette did everything fall into place and she calmed down.

"Rise and shine greenie!" He sang cheerfully. "It's your first official working day in the glade and I have been assigned to escort ya to the gardens - ya first trial!" Hope cheered.

At the loud noise, Amara seen Jay move around in his cot next to her, before sitting up and glaring at Hope through squinted; tired eyes - his black hair sat all messy on the top of his head. He let out a clear groan, displeased with being awoken earlier than when he needed to get up.

Yes, Jay and Amara were now roommates. After Gally and the rest of the builders had her bed made, it was decided she would room with him as 1) he didn't care to share surprisingly and 2) he was hardly in the room anyway since he'd be out in the maze most of the time.

Amara also groaned loudly in response, grabbing her pillow and shoving it down on top of her face, hoping the over-energetic boy would leave and let her go back to sleep peacefully.

"Ah, ah, ah greenie..." he tsked as he walked over to the side of her cot and yanked the pillow from off her head, only making her groan once more. Hope completely pretending Jay wasn't there. "We got a long day ahead of us, but first breakfast."

Hope watched down on her with amused eyes, amused by the fact she hated mornings just like any of them, but she would soon learn to adapt when she's been there a week or two, just like he and all the others had to.

"Do I have to?" She whined, looking up at Hope with tired puppy dog eyes, hoping he had an ounce of sympathy within his soul.

"Yes! I thought you'd be excited to work and test what you're good at..." Hope trailed off when he seen Amara glaring up at him. "I was hoping this was all just a really long; horrible nightmare, but clearly life owes me no favours." She deadpanned.