05 | Meet V

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 5 ]
❛Meet V❜
-------- °° --------

HOURS HAD PASSED, sweat glistening from their bodies as both Amara and Suga slaved away, hard at work

HOURS HAD PASSED, sweat glistening from their bodies as both Amara and Suga slaved away, hard at work. They had filled their buckets to the very brim with fresh; ripe berries and they were sure, both Jin and Zart would be pleased when they see all that they have collected together.

Whilst working with Suga, Amara was pleasantly surprised with how easygoing and laid back he was, the complete opposite of a certain boy named Hope who was extremely energetic and smiley most of the time. Although she adored Hope, especially for all he has done for her since her arrival, it was nice for a little change.

And Hope and Suga were for sure, Polar opposites.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Amara brushed her dirtied hands through her sweat-stricken hair as she threw herself to the floor; fatigue overtaking her body.

Suga threw himself down next to her. The pair were exhausted, that was for sure. Gardening may appear easy and relaxing, but when you get down and dirty and work for hours straight with no rest in the blistering sun— it really wasn't easy.

"Ya know, I'm surprised greenie." Suga's voice made Amara turn her head to face him, the grass tickling her cheek as she does so. "For ya first day, you've managed well. Although I—"

"Don't think gardening is for me." Amara finished with a chuckle, confirming their shared thoughts. It wasn't that Amara was bad, she actually wasn't, however if she was to be stuck here for what she presumes to be the rest of her life— she needs something she'll excel in— And enjoy.

"Yeah." Suga chuckled. Sitting himself up, he smiled down at Amara who had her eyes closed as she faced up at the sun.

Something in the distance caught his eyes as he turned his eyes to the sight. He watched as the runners emerged from the darkness of the maze, all drenched with sweat and breathes heavy.

As if sensing his presence, Amara's eyes flew open as she sat up into a sitting position on the grass. Looking out into the distance, she caught sight of Jay who was hunched over, the palm of his hands on his muscly thighs as he breathes in oxygen.

She watched as someone walked over to Jay, someone she had not yet met. The boy was slightly taller than Jay, to no surprise, he had rather long dark brown hair which sat in curls on top of his head. Amara couldn't make out his face from this far away, although she wouldn't be surprised if he was of Asian descent - much like nearly everyone she had met here - just like herself.