27 | Release the Beast

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 27 ]
❛Release the Beast❜
-------- °° --------

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------[ Chapter 27 ]  ❛Release the Beast❜-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

SPENDING A WHOLE NIGHT IN THE SLAMMER somehow was even worse than it sounded. Boredom ate away at his brain and hunger ate away at his stomach. If it weren't for Chuck visiting him and dropping off some food for him to devour, he probably would've began eating away at the bugs on the dirt floor keeping him company. . . he was that desperate no matter how grim it may be.

The sun may have risen and with it the birds singing their morning tune, but despite the pleasant image, the place Jungkook was locked in was far from pleasant. Even the rays of the sun shining in through the bars couldn't brighten the dull grey, stone cell he grew to despise in such little time. The dull atmosphere reflected through Jungkook's mood— he was bored, miserable and tired.

It was his own fault, however, that he was tired. Instead of sleeping, the trouble maker had spent the time he should of been sleeping, dwelling on his encounter with Amara and the sincere words they shared when she visited him in the middle of the night. No matter how tired he felt, his thoughts kept him awake like someone was shining a bright light in his eyes and preventing him a moment to relax.

It's thanks to her that he felt less on edge now than what he originally felt. However, he didn't let his guard completely down. It wasn't a good idea to do so in a place like this surrounded by the people he was stuck with. He was beginning to warm up to the likes of a select few, but he was certain now that Amara had his back. She was the only one he could completely trust— for now.

At the unexpected sound of approaching footsteps, the boy suddenly rolled over so his back was now facing the back of his cell instead of his head, so he could look out and see who was the cause of the noise. His round eyes widened at who was stood at his cell door.

"Namjoon?" Jungkook breathes out, perplexed.

"Ain't dead, are ya, shank?" He asked.

Jungkook frowned. Namjoon looked so much better than the day before, the younger boy couldn't help but stare at him. His skin was back to full colour, his eyes no longer criss-crossed with red veins; he seemed to have gained a stone back in a matter of hours.

He wondered if everything he thought true before was a lie. Had he actually fell asleep and this was all just a dream? A crazy; weird dream.

Namjoon noticed him ogling him. "What ya looking at, boy?"

Jungkook shook his head slightly, feeling like he'd been in a trance. His mind was racing, wondering what Joon remembered, what he knew, what he might say about him. "Wha—? Nothing. Just seems crazy you healed so quickly. You're fine now?"