08 | Nightly Celebrations

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 8 ]
❛Nightly Celebrations❜
-------- °° --------

AMARA RELEASED A TIRED SIGH as she put the last washed dish into the basket beside her, thankful all of the dishes used over both breakfast and dinner had been washed and cleansed, ready for this evenings supper

"You would think that if they could provide you with a fridge of all things, that they could also be generous enough to leave a dishwasher." She grumbled as she picks up the heavy basket with ease and walks it over to rest besides Jin, who was waiting patiently to dish out the stew he had made.

"What is that?" The clueless chef asked her.

Amara raised a surprised eyebrow, "you don't know what a dishwasher is?" She asked him and so Jin shook his head in response.

"Wow, they really did wipe your memories didn't they." The brunette quipped under her breath with wide eyes; shaking her head as she did so. But Jin had heard her...

"Alright, no need to be a meanie greenie." He whined, before clicking his fingers at her as if she were a dog making her fold her arms. "Now lift that second pot of stew and take it outside with me." He ordered her.

Sighing, Amara went to do as she was told, not exactly in the mood to be playful any longer, however she was quick to stop in her tracks upon hearing the older boys request. "Outside?" She checked to see if she had heard him right.

Jin nodded, beginning his trek outside of his precious kitchens. "Yep, every seven days Greenie, the same day new supplies arrive - we host stew night!" He exclaimed, but Amara was still frowning at him. "Care to elaborate on that?" She pressed.

"Well, us shanks party all night and divulge ourselves in some tasty stew and my secret recipe juice... we also have a large fire." He winked at her.

Amara wouldn't deny that she was rather excited for tonight's celebrations', she's just used to going straight to bed and sleeping after a hard days work.

Upon the pairs arrival outside, an eruption of cheers sounded because they brought out the food with them, and not for their presence themselves - how rude.

Jin basked in all of the glory as he walked towards a single bench in which he'd serve the stew to his peers, whilst an uneasy Amara trailed along behind him, not exactly enjoying hearing all of the boys voices turned up to what felt like full volume.

The group of gladers all lined up in front of the bench, eagerly awaiting Amara and Jin to feed them. It was clear to the only girl in the glade, that the boys had worked up quite an appetite... or maybe they were just excited for the stew.