32 | Another one bites the dust

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 32 ]
❛Another one bites the dust❜
-------- °° --------

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------[ Chapter 32 ]  ❛Another one bites the dust❜-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

GALLY'S EYES RAGED WITH LUNACY; his clothes were torn and filthy. He dropped to his knees and stayed there, his chest heaving with deep, sucking breaths. He looked about the room like a rabid dog searching for someone to bite.

"Gally?" Jay whispered in the dark, his voice husky and deep having just woken up. Amara shivered in his embrace.

"They'll kill you!" Gally screamed, spittle flying everywhere. "The grievers will kill you all - one every night till it's over!"

Amara watched on, speechless, as Gally staggered to his feet and walked forward, dragging his right leg with a heavy limp. No one in the room moved a muscle as they watched, obviously too stunned to speak. Even Hope stood with his mouth agape. Jungkook was almost more afraid of their surprise visitor than he was of the Grievers just outside the window. Almost.

Gally stopped, standing just a metre or two in front of Jungkook and Hope; he pointed at Jungkook with a bloody finger.

"You," he said with a sneer so pronounced it went past comical to flat-out disturbing. "It's all your fault!" Without warning he swung his left hand, forming it into a fist as it came around and crashed into the side of Jungkook's head. Crying out, Jungkook crumped to floor, more taken by surprise than pain.

"Hey!" Amara exclaimed, furious as she made a lunge for a lunatic Gally, but Jay held her back, not wanting to see her getting punched aswell. Gally wouldn't be leaving this room alive if he lay a hand on her.

Hope had finally snapped out of his daze and pushed Gally away harshly. Gally stumbled backwards and crashed into the desk by the window. The lamp fell from atop of it and broke into pieces onto the ground.

Everyone thought Gally would retaliate, that is why Jay stepped forward, ready to take the brunt of it for everyone else. However, Gally straightened his posture instead, taking them all in with his mad gaze.

"It can't be solved," He said. His voice was low and distant. "The shuck maze'll kill you shanks. . . the grievers'll kill you. . . one every night till it's over. . . it's better this way," his eyes fell to the floor. "They'll only kill you once a night. . . their stupid variables. . ."

Variables? What? It seemed so odd, so unnerving, to use such a word. He made it sound like they were experiments, which they believed they were all along, but it doesn't make it any easier to here it come from a crazed Gally's mouth. Amara froze. Jungkook froze. The others were confused, annoyed even. This wasn't good.