13 | Curious Jungkook

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 13 ]
❛Curious Jungkook❜
-------- °° --------

YET ANOTHER NIGHT HAD FALLEN upon the Glade and Gladers, encasing the maze and grassy homeland of the boys, and one girls, home in darkness

YET ANOTHER NIGHT HAD FALLEN upon the Glade and Gladers, encasing the maze and grassy homeland of the boys, and one girls, home in darkness. There only sources of light were from their flaming torches lit around and the lanterns hung from various trees and structures, whilst yet another tall fire raged on in the sandpit.

Amara had finally left her room; showing herself to the boys a couple of hours after she had awoken from passing out, having fallen back asleep and having a dreamless sleep, which she appreciated greatly.

Now though, the girl was re-energised and was striding her way over the grassy field, the tips of the painless green needles reaching the skin just above her boots, tickling her melanin coloured skin.

V seen the girl approaching from the corner of his eyes making him pause his conversation with Jay and turn to face her with a smile, using his hands to beckon her over. Seeing his friends actions, Jay too turned and instantly his expression seemed to relax and a large smile broke out on his face.

"Hey Amara." V greeted her, "it's good to see you're out and about again."

Amara rolled her eyes, contradicting the smile on her face. "Please, you're acting like I was the one who was stung by a griever." At her sarcastic tone, the two boys laughed.

"You may as well have." Jay spoke up with the shake of his head, "scared us just as much." He mumbled and her smile faltered, seeing him relive a painful memory in his head through his eyes as he stared at the fire, taking a swig from his drink.

It's like he was still beating himself up over what had happened, like he believed it was his fault... when it could never.

V looked between the two runners, a confused look etched on his face as his bright eyes darted between them both whilst an unwanted tension encircled the two of them, V simply being an outcast apparently. And he wanted to diffuse that tension.

"Oh!" He suddenly exclaimed, snapping the two out of their thoughts. "Jay saved you these Amara." He said as he lifted a jug of Jin's juice and a lamb skewer from off of the wooden bench beside them, handing it to Amara.

"Oh..." she was surprised. "Thankyou Jay." She thanked him however, before taking a bite out of the perfectly cooked and seasoned meat; almost moaning at the taste.

Jay looked to his friend, confusion in his dark eyes and his brows scrunched together as he silently asked the boy what he was doing. V's answer was to give him a reassuring smile and patted him on the back, before he chose to leave the two alone; walking off to find Suga so he could bother him.