14 | Monster Unleashed

-------- °° --------
[ Chapter 14 ]
❛Monster Unleashed❜
-------- °° --------

IT HAD FELT LIKE HOURS since Jungkook had watched both Amara and Jay disappear within the depths of the maze, leaving him with the strong urge to follow them

IT HAD FELT LIKE HOURS since Jungkook had watched both Amara and Jay disappear within the depths of the maze, leaving him with the strong urge to follow them. However, his urge was denied by a brute of a boy, Gally, who had pushed him to the ground — literally.

Since then, Jungkook had slaved away in the gardens with Hope and Suga. Namjoon had taken him for a tour, brief, but a tour nonetheless and now with nothing else for him to do before night fell, Hope thought keeping the greenie occupied in the gardens would help take his mind off of what was going on around him; hoping he would finally stop asking so many questions and just accept his new life...

He had thought wrong.

"Has anyone ever tried climbing to the top?" He asked curiously. Hope shook his head.

"The vines don't go all the way to the top." Jungkook failed to miss the way Hopes voice grew hoarse as he spoke, as if saying those very few words were a struggle to him, but he didn't question it further.

"Besides— where are you gonna go from there, greenie?" Suga spoke up with an awaiting expression, wanting to hear what he could possibly have to say.

"Jump?" He suggested with a small shrug of his shoulders, as if it was worth a shot, even though he knew jumping from that height only to land on solid; hard stone would result in sudden death upon impact.

Suga's sharp eyes glanced at Hope. His cat-like eyes were hesitant yet observant, as if the boy across from him, who was too busy picking weeds from off the overgrown plants, were to break at any moment and Jungkook wondered why. Did he say something wrong?

Jungkook sighed when he realised that the two boys would speak no more on the matter of using the vines as a route of escapism. His doe like eyes watched as they wordlessly continued on with their jobs. Hope was de-weeding whilst Suga was helping him, the two of them digging up soil and planting fresh seeds for fruit plants as fresh sources of food.

So instead he proposed another brilliant idea...

"What about the box?" His voice diminished the silence between the three of them again. "The next time it comes up we can just jump on in and go down—"

"We've already tried that." Hope interrupts him sighing. "The box won't go down if someone's in it." The seemingly older boy didn't even spare him a glance, too busy focusing on perfecting the care and appearance of the plants in front of him.