Chapter 44

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the PJO/HoO or MCU things, they belong to Rick Riordan and Marvel studios, honestly, if you don't know that by now, what are you even doing here?

I know I did a Peter P.O.V. two chapters ago, but I like Peter and I do what I want, so here's another! :)

Peter Parker P.O.V.

Victory is fun and all, but not so much if you're dead, like many people I know. Wanda never made it to the infirmary tent alive, hundreds of lives were lost when the infirmary exploded and then there were the deaths of Hazel and Frank. I never really knew them so well, but they died honourable deaths that we really couldn't have won the battle without.

"Good work out there, kid," a voice pulled me from my thoughts of the events of the previous battle. It was Steve Rogers, an intimidating guy to a 17-year-old like me.

"Uh, thank you, Captain," my voice came out stronger than I expected, but it was still a little nervous.

"Why don't you walk with me to the city hall?" he asked me, his arms were folded behind his back and there was a hard, soldier-like expression on his face. There was supposed to be a meeting about the stats on the previous battle in Wakanda's city hall, I wasn't planning on attending it, but since Captain America asked me to walk with him, I've changed my mind.

"S-sure," I said sheepishly. We walked for a few moments in silence, until a familiar figure caught my eye, it was Mr Stark. "Mr Stark!" I yelled to get his attention, he looked in my direction and relief fashed over his features. 

"Peter, my God, I've been looking all over for you. Thank goodness you're alright," he said, I was flattered by his caring words and I was about ten times happier when he came in to hug me. It was a quick, caring embrace, very fatherly.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright, how about you, Mr Stark? I heard you took Thanos out?" I asked. This earned me a fifteen-minute long description, with side comments from Cap next to me, of his fight with Thanos, but I didn't mind. The description of their fight could have lasted longer if it weren't for what happened next.

It was bizarre really, I had never seen Percy so upset. He seemed to be in an intimate conversation with a caramel haired girl I didn't recognize,  she looked upset as well. People were standing around them, all demigods. Annabeth was close to Percy and seemed concerned, a rare thing to see Annabeth as, and confused by the conversation. A curly brown-haired boy was standing close to the girl and he looked slightly mad and also confused. Oooh, drama.

I quickly excused myself from my current company and headed over to the group of agitated demigods to see what was going on.

"You cursed Annabeth after I left Ogygia?"  Percy didn't sound mad, he just sounded tired and upset. His voice was soft, like he didn't want to make a scene or draw any attention to him, despite the group of demigods forming around them.

"Percy, what curse?" Annabeth asked, frowning slightly in confusion.

"In-in the pit," Percy said so softly that only a few people around him could hear. Neither he nor Annabeth ever talked much about what happened when they fell into the Greek version of Hell, so those words spiked everyone who could hear's attention. "The one where you couldn't see or hear me and I couldn't come close to you," Percy said to Annabeth. How many curses did they have to endure down there for them to have to specify? At Percy's words, Annabeth looked down. There was dead silence for a moment, until,

"Percy, you need to understand," the caramel-haired girl said desperately. "That curse was made in a desperate moment of loneliness, I never thought it would come true. I'm terribly sorry," the girl continued.

"I'm sorry too, Calypso," Percy said. Calypso sounded familiar and now that I think about it, so does that Ogeegee place. Wasn't there a myth about a lonely girl on an island... "I should never have left you on that island. I made a deal with the gods to set you free, after the Titan war, but I never checked if they did it, I'm so sorry," Calypso looked surprised at his words."Leo," Percy said to the boy with curly brown hair" I'm really glad you're back and that you're safe, I'm happy for you and Calypso. Sorry about all of this, I guess I'm just tired."

"Uh, yeah, thanks, man," Leo said, looking shocked from the previous conversation. He was holding Calypso's hand.

"Let's put all of this behind us, we'll see you at the feast?" Percy asked. Calypso nodded and then Percy and Annabeth left hand-in-hand.

Well, that was interesting.

3rd Person perspective

At the feast that night, laughs were shared, tears were shed, friendships were strengthened, food was eaten, wine was drunk (by those who were legally allowed to and some sneaky Hermes kids) and goodbyes were said.

The Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were going back to their families or to New York to keep the city safe. Demigods were going back to their camps, Amazons back to Alaska, Hunters back to hunt monsters and beasts and the Party Ponies, who drank all of the root beer, went on to their next party. The Wakanda people knew how to hold a feast, they would have a lot of cleaning up and re-landscaping to do over the next few weeks, but for now, they let loose and had some fun.

Some demigods and Avengers stayed behind in Wakanda to help with burials, transporting bodies and any repairs. Nico and Will, who was still healing from injuries, stayed behind, a few of the Hephaestus kids and some Avengers stayed as well. Annabeth and Percy were on their way to New Rome college, where Annabeth would be studying architecture and Percy marine biology. Back at Camp Half-Blood, Piper and Jason helped the camp recover from the raid that took place when Thanos's henchmen came to get the reality stone. 

Altogether, everyone was happy, grieving, but also happy and safe, for now.

TA DAAAA! I'm done with my first fanfic, noice. I hope you guys liked it and thanks to those who have been here from the first few chapters, also thanks to those who actually read the full fanfic. Sorry for some emotional scarring, I guess, and horrible grammar/cringey scenes.
Byeeeee
If you liked this story and need something else to read, I have a new fanfic called Mortal Waters.
-LadyLlama13