Chapter 16

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the PJO/HoO characters (they go to Uncle Rick) neither do I own any of the Marvel characters (they go to Marvel studios).

Piper P.O.V.

At the S.H.I.E.L.D. base we picked up 6 new strangers. Their real names and superhero names are as follow; Wanda Maximoff or Scarlet Witch; Star-Lord, he didn't give any ohter name; Drax; Rocket, who is a raccoon;  James Rhodes or War Machine; Sam Wildon or Falcon.

Apparently Drax, Rocket and three others on the other jet are aliens. I saw that one coming. Aliens, just the relaxing things we need to add to our list of 'fun things'.

We've been flying for well over 10 hours and I have made small talk with everyone on the jet. The aliens lost one of their crew members, Gamora, recently. It reminds me of Leo, which gives me a small stab to my heart. We don't even have his body or closure on his death!

All of a sudden the ship starts to bump a little. Air waves? No, then Jason wouldn't be so alert. Something is attacking us.

"Slow the jet!" Jason yelled at the pilot, he obeyed. Jason took the walky talky and told the other demigods on the other jet to wait for us. It seems they are having the same problem. There is a big window on the roof of the jet.

"Jason, tell the others that they have to climb onto the jet and kill whatever is after us, only dem-, I mean mutants can help," I said. Jason eagerly obeys. Oops, my charmspeak is a bit strong today.

"What?! That's suicidal!" The guy  Star-Lord, I think, said.

"We'll be fine, as long as we go kill that thing," Reyna said coldly.

"Come on, let's hurry," I said, careful not to use my charmspeak.

"We're coming-" Wanda said before I cut her off.

"Stay," my voice dripping with charmspeak. "Jason, Reyna, let's go." We head up to the roof. There are about five rogue harpies. On the other jet's roof I can see Hazel, Frank, Nico, Will and the big muscular man I assume is the god Thor.

We quickly killed all the harpies, but not before they damaged both jets' wings. Right now it looks like the only thing holding the jets up are Thor and Jason.

"Gods! How long can you guys hold the jets up?" Reyna yelled.

"How long is this flight still, demigoddess?" Thor boomed.

"I'll go check!" Hazel yelled before going back into their jet. When she came back out she yelled," About two more hours." Thor nods his head.

"Can you hold?" I softly asked Jason. He nods his head slowly in reply.

"Everyone go back to your seats now. Reyna, get the pilot to fly low for incase Jason or Thor can't hold any longer," Frank yelled at us from the other jet's roof. Everyone goes back into the jets. Jason sits down, he looks focused on keeping the jet up.

"Pilot," Reyna said immediately when we got into the jet. "Fly low enough that if we fall we will survive." The pilot nodded his head and the jet decended while picking up speed again.

"What do you mean by if we fall?" Steve asked alarmed.

"The jet's left wing got damaged during the attack, Jason and Thor are holding us up. The other jet's right wing got damaged as well," Reyna said, her voice practically spells authority.

"Wait so, what were those things up there?" The Falcon dude asked.

"They were monsters who want to eat us," I said oh so helpfully.

"Why haven't we seen these monsters, as you call them, before?" The raccoon asked.

"Because they are after us," Jason groaned, indicating at himself, Reyna and I.

"Wait, but why would they be after you? You're only kids," Jim, the War Machine guy said. I scoff and Reyna goes into an evil laughing fit.

"Ok, let's get one thing straight here, mortal," Reyna said with an evil harsh grin on her face. "We are NOT kids."

The newcomers all look at her strangely, Bruce and Steve, who know what's really going on, sits there quietly.

"Okay? But why were the monsters after you and not us?" Star-Lord asked.

"Because we taste yummy," I said trying to keep a straight face. They all look at us confused.

"Our meeting with the others is going to start soon, Piper, Reyna could you please do your call thing?" Steve asked desperately.

"Sure, Reyna can you pass me a drachma, please?" I ask. So we have a meeting with the people on the other jet and the boat every now and then just to check in on them and do some planning. Reyna throws me a drachma and I get the spray machine. The spray machine is a handy device that one of the Hephaestus kids made. It makes a spray of water which creates a rainbow. Then all you have to do is throw you drachma in, pray and ta-da, a good old Iris message.

I firstly Iris messaged the other jet and then in another Iris message next to it the demigods on the boat.

We held counsel and everything went smoothly. Annabeth did most of the talking and planning. At the end our plan was about complete, we had the Wakanda king and his advisers on a call as well so we could consult with them.

So basically the plan is that the Wakanda people are gonna build a huge wall about a mile inside their force field, with about half a mile behind the wall to the Wakanda city. Behind the wall we will set up an infirmary. The wall will be lined with Celestial Bronze and Imperial Gold spikes. Right infront of the wall Tyson and his cyclops army will stand and kill anything that gets through. Infront of the cyclops army there will be a 'wall' of Greek Fire. On the rest of the battle ground traps will be set up, ready to slaughter. There will be about 500 teams that will attack from the air on pegasi or one of the mechanical devices that Tony is working on. There will be about 20 units per team. Everyone will have weapons that can kill mortals and monsters, everyone will also temporarily be blessed by the Hecate kids to see through the mist. All the archers, including the hunters of Artemis will be on the wall shooting  the monsters.

They didn't say anything about Hazel and her secret underground team. That information is probably too valuable to share like this and too many people are listening.

Around the end, the boat group's Iris message cut off. Before they were cut off we saw what looked like a huge colourful mountain emerging from the water infront of them.