Chapter 17

Disclaimer: I don't own anything PJO/HoO related (they go to Uncle Rick), neither do I own any of the Marvel characters (they go to Marvel studios).

Percy P.O.V.

After making the boat go at about 200 knots for ten hours I was exhausted. So I took a break and napped, allowing the boat to travel at its normal 100 knots before I was summoned (I like the way that sounds it makes me feel special!) to go and talk about battle plans and stuff with the other half-bloods and mortals.

Annabeth did most of the talking. I didn't pay any attention. I would just nod my head now and then or throw a sarcastic comment to make it seem like I was paying attention. Annabeth wasn't fooled by my act, but the rest kind of believed it.

One of the mortals on the boat with us is Peter Parker. I know him from somewhere. I think I know him from school, maybe. Isn't he the kid who walked in on me killing an empousa in the cafeteria once? I thought I was alone when I was killing the empousa. But I also think he can see through the mist. He knew it was a sword that I pulled on him earlier today.

Anyway, enough thinking, my brain already hurts from little sleep. All of a sudden I jerk upright. Some guy with an unfamiliar accent is talking on the other side of the Iris message, he's like the king of Wakanda or something (see I do pay attention, sometimes). Me, practically jumping in my seat, got the attention of the people around the table we are sitting at. By we I mean; Annabeth; Tony; Peter; Scott and I.

Annabeth reaches towards my hand.

"What's wrong, Seaweed Brain?" She asked concerned.

"There's something big in the water," I said. "It's coming towards us, fast!"

"Wha-," one of the mortals was about to ask before a big monster came bursting out of the rough water. The monster had a body like a serpent glittering with a million colours in the morning light. The monster's head looks like one of a dog.

"Annabeth what is this thing and how can we kill it?" I ask Annabeth slowly and quietly.

"It's Cetus," she replied. "Cetus is the monster your dad sent after Andromeda and her parents' kingdom when they were boasting about her being prettier than the nymphs. Andromeda was going to be eaten by Cetus if it wasn't for the first Perseus, who killed Cetus. He killed him using either his sword or Medusa's head, I'm not completely sure. "

"Great, thanks," I mutter back to her. Then I turn around and in a much louder voice said, "Tony, take the rest below deck, Annabeth and I will take care of it." He looks like he wants to argue and the others as well.

"Now! Go below deck and don't come back up until we call you!"Annabeth said in a stern voice which is super scary, by the way.

"No! We can't leave you to fend for yourselves," Scott argued. Cetus lunged at Annabeth and I, who were the closest to the water and him. We both jumped out of the way in time.

I use some strong water currents to push the mortals below deck and shut the door tightly behind them. The water then came back through a crack in the door so they wouldn't drown below deck.

Cetus kept lunging at us. That seemed to be its only attack plan. After enough stabs to its soft scaly body it finally disintegrates. It took us about fifteen minutes to kill him, Annabeth and I barely broke a sweat.

I head to go get the mortals from below deck. They were all pushing against the door, which I kept shut with my powers, and fell onto the deck when I opened it. They all scramble to their feet ready for an attack, but all they saw was monster dust.

"Uhh, where'd the dog-snake go?" Peter asked.

"We killed it," Annabeth said as if she just killed a fly. They looked at us confused. I don't really understand why, it was just one average sea monster, nothing we aren't used to.

"So who's hungry?" I said while taking out the ingredients for pancakes. And blue food colouring of course.

"Me," Tony said shrugging his shoulders, but he still looked at Annabeth and me wide-eyed.

I got started on the pancakes. I know Peter was trying to pin me in his memories somewhere. He couldn't remember me clearly, it seems. I think he now knows exactly who I am. He keeps staring at me wildly and sometimes at Annabeth as well. We ate the pancakes and then Peter took me aside to talk.

"Ok, so I knew I recognized you from somewhere," Peter starts eagerly. "I couldn't exactly pin it, but I've got it now."

"Yeah, you were the guy who saw me killing the empousa at school?" I said.

"The what?!" He stares at me confused. Oops, wrong guy then. "No, whatever that is, I know you from somewhere else. When you were twelve you were on the news a lot. I found your story very interesting and then I did some research about it." He paused for a while and then continues, "You burned down your school gym, exploded two busses-" he starts laughing uncontrollably. I now realize that if you look at my life from the point of view of a mortal teenager who hates school, it is kinda funny. I blush slightly and smile embarrassed.

"Yeah, those were all accidents," I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well they're pretty hilarious accidents," Peter said still laughing.

So we ended up chatting about random funny stuff for a while. We ate dinner and I took a nap. We should arrive in Wakanda tomorrow. Then we'll be busy will all the preparation stuff and so forth.