Chapter 36

Disclaimer: I don't own anything PJO/HoO related (that goes to Uncle Rick), neither do I own anything from the MCU (that goes to Marvel Studios)

Leo P.O.V.

Originally, our trip to Wakanda was supposed to take about six days. Instead, after the first five hours of flight Festus got shot down by a horde of monsters.

Calypso and I were able to fight our way through the monsters without too many injuries. Sadly, I can't say the same for Festus. We found his head about fifteen feet from his body.

We then Iris messaged Chiron, asking him to send a squad from camp to help transport Festus back to camp. When we finally got back to camp it was the 10th of October, the day the battle in Wakanda was to begin.

With Festus broken there was no way for Calypso and I to get to the rest of the seven in time to help with the battle. So I settled back into cabin 9 for the wait of their return. Calypso slept in a private room in the Big House.

To get my mind of the missed battle and what the rest of the seven must be experiencing with out me, I went to Bunker 9, in hope of repairing Festus.

*Time skip of Leo doing stuff in Bunker 9.*

I yawned and looked at the time. 03:14 am! I should probably head off to bed now. Yeah, good idea. Otherwise Calypso,'s gonna call me grumpy tomorrow, again.

"Cruch, cruch, crunch,"  the familiar sound of my footsteps on the familiar, dark path to camp, floated around me. Then all of a sudden the sounds of my footsteps got drowned out by a much louder, much more terrifying sound. I came to an abrupt stop. It sounded like Camp Half-Blood was under attack.

I broke into a quick sprint to Camp. Once I reached the outlines of the woods I saw a horrifying scene. My only home (except for the Argo II, which was now destroyed) was on fire, again. There were monsters flying and prowling around the flaming cabins, young demigods trying their bests to fight them off. The Big House was left untouched.

Where was Calypso?! I panicked for a moment until I saw her again. She was beautiful as ever, with the red glint of the fire shining on her long hair and a big battle axe in her hands. I smiled at the thought that she was mine and then snapped back to reality.

I have to help them.

Whoosh!

I lifted myself into the air with my flames (handy, dandy new trick I learnt recently) and flew towards the blazing cabins. Ok, think, what should I do first? I should probably take care of the fire first, seeing as I can control flames.

I set myself down in the middle of the flames and directed them away from the cabins, towards the monsters.

"Yaayy!!" A cheer errupted from the younger, inexperienced demigods. It's not over yet, it wouldn't be that easy.

We fought into the night, slashing, stabbing, burning, shooting and pounding monsters with multiple weapons and abilities. Finally, when it was early afternoon, there were no more monsters left, only golden dust and ash. The wounded were treated and the dead were mourned. Five younger demigod bodies, that I never knew, were put under burial clothes to later have a proper burial.

Calypso, Harley, some of the older demigods and I headed to the Big House, shortly after the battle. Once we got there we realized that the door was blown away and that there were scratch marks on the wooden floors, as if a big-clawed animal had been running through the house. .

"Did anyone see Chiron in the battle?" asked an Athena boy nervously. Mr. D was off to Olympus for some top secret work and only Chiron was staying in the Big House, except for Calypso.

"Calypso, did you see Chiron coming out of the Big House with you?" I asked her, my voice on edge. She shook her head solemnly.

Something must be wrong. Chiron wouldn't just leave us demigods to fend for ourselves, never mind the state of the house.

An Ares girl stepped into the house and the rest of us followed some more hesitant than others. The scratch marks continued up the stairs, now accompanied by splotches of red blood. Everyone's weapons were drawn and my left hand was on fire, my right hand was holding Calypso's free hand. Once the people at the front of the inspection party reached the top of the staircase, where the ladder to the attic should be, I heard cries and gasps.

I pushed to the front of the group to see what the fuss was about. I took a fast, sharp in take of air when I saw the scene before me.

Chiron was lying on the floor in a pool of his own blood against the wall where the ladder to the attic stood. His white horse leg bent at a strange angle and splattered with blood. His eyes were barely open, but he managed to wisper,"They took it. They took the Stone."