Chapter 35

Disclaimer: I don't own anything PJO/HoO related (that goes to Uncle Rick), neither do I own anything from the MCU (that goes to Marvel Studios)

Jason P.O.V.

I might die doing this, but I'll have to do it for the sake of the world.

I've never extended the use of my powers this far and I'm pretty tired already. But, I can't let everyone down, they're counting on me. I have to be strong.

"Hey," Piper said taking my sweaty hand, "you can do this, believe in yourself, because I do." I don't know if she added any charmspeak to her words, it felt like it. All of a sudden I felt a great wave of confidence rush through me. It felt like I could actually do this.

"Stolls! You ready?" I yelled to them across the battlefield.

"Yep!" They yelled back holding big, confusing contraptions that were probably made by Cabin 9. They looked like two moving mountains of scrap metal, with a little ant clinging onto each mountain, on top of a mechanical pegasus.

I pushed my glasses higher up my nose and took a deep breath. "You can do this, remember?" I thought to myself. "Well, here goes nothing." The Stolls dove in to strat their diversion.

Well they are distracting, I'll give them that. They almost distracted me from my task untill Piper brought me back to reality. Who I thought was Conner, was dropping big bombs, from his big contraption, that exploded into coloured gasses, onto Hyperion. Travis was shooting blades from his contraption through the coloured gass. So it looked like a colourful gass leak with shinny, flying pieces of metal all over.

"AARHGG!" Hyperion shouted enraged as a big firestorm exploded around him. Now's my chance.

Tempest dove in, with me on his back. He stopped about five feet above him, I closed my eyes and I started to concentrate.

I feel,

Nitrogen.
Smoke from the battle.
Argon.
Carbon Dioxide.
Oxygen.

Oxygen, ok, I can do this. Now, direct the oxygen away from him.

"Argh!" a small soft yelp of pain escaped my mouth and I opened my eyes. It's working! Hyperipn had a confused expression on his face and the flames were flickering away around him. It's painful, using my powers like this, but effective. It's for the world, I have to do this.

Focus. I felt all the gasses around me again and took a hold on the oxygen. I willed it away from Hyperion and the clenching pain in my head returned.

"Push through, I have to push through," I thought to myself.

Around me I could hear Hyperion spluttering in confusion and the sound of daggers and arrows flying past me. Then I heard Hyperion give a last yelp of pain and loathing. I open my eyes, there was a pile of gold dust on the ground where Hyperion had stood before.

" I did it. I did it. I did it," chanted through my head as the world turned black around me and I slump against Tempest's electric, cloudy back.