Chapter 19

Disclaimer: I don't own anything PJO/HoO related (they go to Uncle Rick), neither do I own anything Marvel related (they go to Marvel studios).

Annabeth P.O.V

Today is the nineteenth of September, we have twenty two days left until the battle begins.

So far everything is going smoothly, too smoothly. As a demigod that unsettles me. The mortals know nothing of our heritage and are still believing that we are mutants, for now. The campers arrived safely, well as safely as a huge group of demigods could be when traveling such a far distance. By this I mean that nobody died. All the mortals involved with the war can now temporarily see through the mist. The wall between the Wakanda city and the battlegrounds has been built, we are still busy putting on the celestial bronze and imperial gold spikes. Most of the mortals now have weapons that can kill both mortal and immortal threats, the rest of the mortals' weapons are still being forged by the Hephaestus cabin. Cabin 9 has been so busy forging weapons for the mortals and spikes for the wall that they and the Hermes cabin haven't had time to set up all the traps on the future battlefield. We have divided our units into squads of twenty, trying to even out the ratio of mortals to demigods. Each squad has a squad name and a squad leader. Team leaders are people like the seven, a lot of the half-bloods like the roman leaders or cabin counselors, some of the Avengers and the Wakanda leaders or high ranking officers. These teams have been training together for the past three days preparing for battle. As you can see everything has been going to smoothly for a demigod's life.

Right now I am at the training area of Wakanda. I am training my squad called The Dominators. I am the squad leader and my squad consists of Alice Miyazawa, who is a daughter of Hermes. Her sword fighting skills are very good and she is sneaky as a rat. Then there is Chiara Benvenuti, she is a daughter of Tychi. For a daughter of the luck goddess she has absolutely rotten luck. She always seems to hurt herself in some way and getting a concussion. Then there is Damien White, the son of Nemesis who always seems to be around his friend, Chiara, when she gets one of her many injuries. And of course there's Drew Tanaka, the daughter of Aphrodite is a real pain in my demigodly butt. She never cooperates when we are training. Dakota, son of Bacchus, is always busy drinking his red cool aid, but he is still a good fighter. Michael Kahale or Mike is a son of Venus. He is a lot more battle hardened than Drew and is also a good soldier. Leila is a daughter of Ceres and she grows plants almost as fast as light. Claudia is a legacy of Mercury. It still surprises me that so many demigods from the Roman camp have managed to survive long enough to have children. That is a future I would like to have one day, preferably with Percy. From the Avengers we have the Falcon or his real name; Sam Wilson. I'm not sure how I feel about him. He clearly doesn't trust us, but if we are going to be fighting for our lives together in less than a month so he needs to start trusting our squad. Then there is M'Jara Khudangodu, Ndashan Metu, Ungzo Wanoru, Amwa Wutane, Amdea Nedibiwe, Onia Zosake, Imdebe Zambakema, T'Swanhal Mbimvengamu, Shawenti Nisa and Bemwi Mbumvukha from the Wakanda army. They train hard and good but mainly keep to themselves during free time.

Anyway we are handling the easiest ways to kill certain monsters at this moment.  Basically what I'm doing is showing the mortals a painting, made by one of the demigods or by Rachel, and they have to say the fastest and easiest way to kill the monster. The one who gets the most 'kills' wins. The half-bloods obviously don't compete against the mortals, yet, because they have way more experience and would win the game too quickly. So they are sparring not too far away from our open air 'classroom'. All the squad leaders are supposed to be handling the following with their team: easiest ways to kill a monster/one of Thanos's creatures; combat skills (whatever weapon the individual excels at). That's about it, I guess?

"Draken?" I asked the group of mortals infront of me showing them a bittersweet beautiful painting of a Draken that Rachel made after the Battle of Manhattan. It was the exact Draken that had killed Silena...

"To kill it you would have to try and lead a sneak attack and go for its belly," Sam calmly stated. He is getting pretty good at this. I smile slightly at him and nod my head as I get the next picture.

"Empusa?" I asked again. There is no time to answer, because a group of monsters and what I assume are Thanos's creatures are coming in for an attack. The demigods clearly weren't thinking and were training on the outside of the forcefield. The forcefield closes within ten seconds when it senses a threat and it will only open again once we contact the security head quarters. The half-bloods won't be able to kill all those monsters on their own. There is about twenty feet between the forcefield and where I am standing. I can make it.

As I start running to help the half-bloods I yell over my shoulder,"If you think you can handle this come help! Hurry!" As I expected and hoped all of the mortals followed me and we made it past the forcefield just before it lit up in a dangerous electric blue. Indicating that it will fry who ever or what ever tries to get through it.

Now that I am with the demigods and closer to the advancing group of enemies I can see that the group consists of three hellhounds; two dracanae; five Chitauri and ten Outriders. It's the first time I've seen Thanos's troops up close in real life. They look pretty terrifying, if you haven't been hunted by monsters since you were seven. The Chitauri are practically slugs in the form of a human-like figure with armour covering them from head to toe. I spot at least twenty weaknesses or chinks in their armour. The Outriders have four arms and disgusting fanged faces. They also have the slug bodies in the shape of a huge human. They also wear armour and once again I spot all the weaknesses.

"Mutants partner up with one of the non-mutants and aid them in killing the monsters," I said to the squad. Everyone understands what I mean. I would have preferred to use words like half-bloods and mortals, but then we would become lab rats.

Everyone quickly finds a partner. I take on two mortals since there are nine half-bloods and eleven mortals. The two mortals with me are Sam and M'Jara. We quicky advance on the three hellhounds.

"Remember, stay clear of its head and stab anywhere on its body," I quickly said to Sam and M'Jara. They nodded their heads. "You two work together to kill the one on the left I'll take care of the other two. Yell if you need help." Sam looks like he wants to protest but I don't have time to listen to him blabbering on about me being a kid while he is an experienced fighter. I jump onto the back of one of the hellhounds. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Sam and M'Jara getting in pace with each other's fighting styles while trying to get a good blow at the hellhound. I can see the rest of the team doing well in demolishing the rest if the attackers. The other hellhound jumps onto me and the hellhound I am on, just as I expected. They are so crazed in killing me that they kill each other in the process. I rolled off the hellhound once I saw the other one pouncing and came off without a scratch. I go help Sam and M'Jara finish off the hellhound.

By the time all the attackers are dead I call Security Head Quarters and they open the forcefield for us.

The only injuries sustained were a few scratches and one or two deep cuts, nothing the medics can't fix.