Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I don't own the Avengers (Marvel studios)  or anything PJO or HoO related (Uncle Rick's)

Natasha P.O.V

So Tony just dropped a bomb on us. He explained the thing with his... relative, I guess? And the part where he is coming to stay with us. A possible terrorist is coming to stay with the Avengers and he wants me to subtly question this Perseus guy. Nice.

We don't know when he's coming or if he even is coming, because he doesn't look like one to follow the rules, from what I gathered at least. Tony's happy to find some living relatives, but I don't know? Should we be happy and just accept him or maybe be a bit harsh?

So the plan is that once he gets here we'll all act as if we know nothing about the file. Nobody's gonna tell Fury until we see if he's guilty. He probably is but the others won't hear anything about that. I'm supposed to subtly squeeze answers out of him and 'read' him. Best of all we have to welcome him to the family... yay.

After about 3 hours.

We're all eating lunch in the kitchen on the counter when Jarvis alerts us.

"Sir, a boy claiming to be Percy Jackson says he is Mr Stark's relative and he is supposed to live here. Should I let him in sir?"

"Uuuh, sure Jarvis let him up," Tony replies. "Guess he doesn't like being called Perseus. His mom also called him Percy over the phone."

Clint scoffed and said, "I wonder why." with a smirk on his face.

We all anxiously gather in front of the elevator and wait for the boy to come out. We've been waiting for a while now, the elevator shouldn't be taking this long. Then we hear someone coming up the stairs at a quick pace and a boy emerges.

"Hi, I'm Percy Jackson. Which one of you is Tony Stark?" said Percy. He doesn't look like the boy in the picture. For one thing, his eyes look completely different. In the picture, his eyes are warm, friendly and jokey. Now his eyes are cold, unreadable and hollow. What happened to this kid. Oh yeah, he was missing for 8 months, maybe kidnapped? Anyway, the rest of his body is about twice as muscular as the boy's in the picture. He's about a head taller and skinnier. I must say the boy is handsome. The one thing that hasn't changed is his crooked troublemaker smile. Getting him to talk might be harder than I thought.

"I am," said Tony looking confused.

Percy P.O.V.

Why are they all looking at me so strangely?

"I am," said Tony most probably, "so you don't know who I am or who we are? And why didn't you use the elevator? " He continued with a confused expression.

"I don't like elevators and nope, should I know who you are?" I popped the 'p' a bit louder than I meant.

"We're the Avengers", the lady with the blank face said. I bet she's a spy, her face is too blank for a normal person, even a demigod.

Since I didn't give them the reaction they were expecting they explained to me who they are and what they do. So spy lady's name is Natasha a.k.a. Black Widow for some reason. Then there's Steve a.k.a. Captain America, again why? He looks like a real dad, but also has a soldierly vibe to him as if he fought in world war two or something. Then there's Clint a.k.a. Hawkeye. His build looks like the Apollo kid's so I'm guessing an archer. The way his eyes nail you down kinda makes him look like a hawk, but I just give him my wolf glare back which worked pretty well. Then there's Bruce a.k.a. the Incredible Hulk. He looks like the only normal person there. Though he looks a little anxious and scared. Then there's the oh-so-great Tony Stark. He reminds me of Leo, now I miss him again. It's ok Percy keep it together Annabeth will be here soon, I hope at least. Anyway, he introduced himself as 'Tony Stark, billionaire playboy owner of this tower, a.k.a. Iron Man'. He looks full of himself and nervous, guess he's my relative then. I was so confused so I just went ahead and asked,

"So what's with the weird nicknames?"

"You seriously don't know who we are? Wow, Steve, he's just like you," said Tony. " We are the Avengers we save the world and stuff. Don't you watch the news?"

"Then where were you during the wars," I whisper under my breath.

"What was that?" asked Natasha spy lady.

"Nothing, it's just technology and I don't mix well."

"Well great this place is practically made out of tech," said Tony.

"Leave the poor kid alone Tony," it's the first time I heard the Bruce guy talk. "Let me take you to your room, Percy."

"Sure, so Annabeth is coming over later we'll explain when she gets here."

"Whose Annabeth," Natasha asks harshly.

"You'll see," I say following Bruce to my room to be.

As I walk into the room a new fresh smell hits me. The room is spacious with white floors and walls. There is a King size bed in the middle of the room against the wall. In the corner, there is a desk with a bookshelf. There is an on sweet with a shower, bath, toilet and sink which is about twice the size of my old bedroom. In the middle of the room, there is a colourful carpet.

"Jarvis will call you when it's time for dinner. She is the buildings built-in artificial intelligence or AI and she practically runs the whole place. Say hi Jarvis."

"Hello Mr Jackson," said a freaky robot-like but smooth voice coming from the walls and the ceiling.

"Uuh, hi," is my smart reply.

"Anyway, I'll leave you to settle in," said Bruce before leaving.

I unpack my belongings which is my clothes, most of them are too small, I haven't had time after being kidnapped to go shopping, can't wait. All of them are long sleeve, except for my camp shirts, to hide the scars on my arms. A few drachmas some extra nectar and ambrosia, that's about it. I head back to the rest of the group and hear them talking.

Clint P.O.V

Bruce just left with Percy. All I can think about is the stare he gave me. I still have chills.

Nat pulls the remaining four of us together to discuss him.

"Did you see his eyes?" was the first thing she said.

"No need to fangirl Nat," Tony says receiving a death glare almost as scary as Percy's.

"No, I meant how different they look from the picture," we all look at her strangely. " In the picture, his eyes are happy warm and jokey, but now they are cold, unreadable, calculating and hollow."

"He looks like a PTSD patient," said Bruce walking into the room. "I wanna give him a check-up tomorrow."

"He also carries himself like a soldier despite the fact that he's a teen," Steve adds.

"Tony, maybe this wasn't a good idea, maybe his file is right and we should turn him in," Natasha said.

"What file," all of our heads spin around to find a no longer carefree but angry Percy standing in the door. How didn't we hear him coming? He sees the file still laying on the table, stupid us, and opens it. He looks up and his face is calm and emotionless. Like the calm at sea before the raging storm comes. An eerie calm that makes me feel uncomfortable.

"Yeah that one," Natasha said, "what's the deal with it anyway.

"I dunno can't read it, I'm dyslexic." Kind old Stevey takes the file and reads it to him. Percy's face is still just as calm while Steve reads it, scary calm.

"So, care to explain," Natasha pushes him.

"Wrong place wrong time, I didn't do anything. So when's dinner?" his face is still calm but a bit more relaxed now for some reason, like he dodged a bullet.

"Nat?" Steve questions if he's lying. She just shrugs. Natasha couldn't read him??? Whaaat?!

"Annabeth Chase is here, sir. She is looking for Mr Jackson. Should I let her in, Mr Stark?" Jarvis's voice said. Percy's face lights up completely and he runs out of the room and down the stairs, leaving no room for objections.

"Yeah sure, let her in Jarvis," Tony replied while rubbing his face tiredly.

Ok I know there hasn't been much action yet but there is like a war coming or something just read and you'll see.

-LadyLlama13