49

Aaliyah Moreno

//the blooming part is now over. You are here. This is the part where you truly start embracing every inch of the suns rays, the rain against your skin, the breeze in the air, or the simplicity of the stillness on a hot summers day.

These are the moments you bloom for, the little moments. You remember how hard it was to get to the surface? How dark it was? Let's try our best not to wither back down there! Instead we can look at the dirt and the soil and know we made it.

Of course you wouldn't be where you are right now without the dark as it contributed to your light now.

But that doesn't mean it was the best place for you to be. Up here, with all the other bloomed plants beside you is where your meant to be.

And you realise that your journey may have not been the same as the plant beside you, even though you may look the same. Which is why sunflowers face each other at night, for support in the suns absence.

You take care of each other in the darkest moments.

And that's what we as humans must do too. We must recognise that even though we all bleed underneath, we all have skin and bones, that's not to say all that we have gone through is the same.

We must care for each other in our darkest moments and wait for a light.\\

I close the book gently and let my eyes be met with the illuminous orange rays reflect off of the old worn cover of the book. I gaze my fingertips over the dented words of the front cover and smile lightly to myself before placing it back onto the oak bedside table.

I shift myself back down under the covers and look at harry. His hair falls gracefully over his hooded green eyes. Half his face sinks into the soft cotton of the pillow as his right arm tucks under them. His back rose up and down in a hypnotic rhythm as he breathed in and out ever so slowly. he looked like an otherworldly human at this moment in time, the way the sun from the window behind us illuminated each inked story on his unharmed golden skin, the way his eyes were feathered shut but did the small twitch every now and then, indicating he was waking up soon.

sometimes i wonder to myself what i did to deserve the moments like these, moments in which i feel happy and content. The clock ticked slowly as the birds sang their songs, the falling leaves danced in the wind as they glided along the atmosphere. Everything felt so right in this moment. Time seemed to slowed down.

I love how my mornings now started waking up to him. There was some sweet serenity of lying next to him as he slept so soundly and his world of a mind took over. I'm always in a calm and happy state, no worries, no anxiousness.
I feel...home.

I turn back around to look at the clock beside me

6:45am

I abruptly sit up and widen my eyes. I knew I had jet lag but I didn't know it was going to be this bad? I normally am a morning person but right now all I wanted to do is go back to sleep. I was too awake for that now though.

I go to get up and start the day in which I had no ideas in advance for, that was before I felt a small tug on my right wrist. I turn around and face the bed to see Harrys face still tucked into the pillow, but his dimple creased deeply into his left cheek as his under eye bags highlighted his hazy eyes.