14

Aaliyah Moreno

As I lay on my bed, staring into nothing but the cream coloured ceiling, letting my thoughts take control of me, I couldn't help but battle with them. I debate on telling my mum and bestfriend about it. I'm sure they'd understand if I told them? No. I cant tell them. They'd call me crazy for hanging out with a guy I met 2 days ago.

I knew what I'd do. I'll tell Raven to cover for me as I go somewhere for a few hours and I'd repay her back somehow, I know Raven, she won't tell my mum. Then I'll slowly introduce Harry. No. Bad idea.

I sit up and rest my head against my cold hands as I sigh heavily.

I flop back onto my bed and decide to not think about anything. I know. That sounds weird. But as I rest my head on my pillow with my hands gently laid on top of my stomach. I just stare at the ceiling.

Being alone with your thoughts can be both good and bad. It can be both a blessing and a curse to feel so many emotions deeply. I only do it when I've got too much on my mind, so sometimes I decide to completely switch of and just think of, nothing.

I decide to at least do something. So I get out my book

// before we talk about the stage of blooming and actually getting to the surface, there's so much more you need to do. I know. It's a long process, but it's all worth it in the end. Flowers are the best examples of the term "trust the process."

In order to do this. To bloom you must be not only the seed, but the roots. You need to push your way through the darkness, push it deep down so you, the seed, may rise slightly closer to the surface. Some days it might be harder, as the sun decides to stay behind the clouds, or maybe there's too much rain so the soil is too condensed. But on those sunny days, you must push through.

The roots allow the soil to break up a bit. They do that for a reason. That's to let light in, so you may begin your journey of blossoming. You just have to push through the dark and damp bits first, so you can get closer to the surface. And to help with this process you must also be the light.\\

I close my book, and for that matter, my eyes too. I needed a rest. For what I was unsure of, I was just so tired. I was loving the book I was reading so much. The personification was unmatched.

I lay the book on my bedside table as I look out the window to see the blossom tree swaying gently in the wind. I feel my eyes get heavy as I take a small nap.

I've always loved that feeling. The feeling of drifting to sleep. Life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, but when I drift off to sleep, I feel unharmed. I feel as though I enter a reality making me feel safer than I do in the real world.

As I do close my eyes all I can think about is Harry. I was so excited to see him tomorrow. I never knew what the next day would hold. But if it was with Harry, I knew it would be amazing. Any day with him is a day to remember. I'd definitely bring my book with me tomorrow as I always read a couple paragraphs when I drink coffee, and maybe I can read Harry some too, not that he'd be interested.

Before Harry, I was still adventurous, but only in my mind. My mind was scattered with words and poetry of things I'd love to do when I'm older. Or sometimes I'd be so busy reciting that I forget to actually live by it. Harry's help me come out of that shell I didn't even know I was in the first place. He's opened my eyes to a lot more in just the few days I've known him. So In a way, I want to be more like Harry.

I want to live any opportunity I get instead of expecting it to fall in my lap if I recite it. I needed to live for myself and not off other peoples words. I'm not saying I'm going to stop reading poetry or literature, never in my life would I stop.

I guess what I'm saying is that the things that I read and enjoy, I need to take into consideration as to how I can actually live by the inspiration of the message of hw words provided.

-

A/N: sorry for the short chapters. These aren't my best I know! The next one I update will be longer! Hope you're having an amazing day/night <3