29

Harry Styles

I feel myself unintentionally biting my nails as I read the text message on my phone.

Congratulations again Mr Styles on your amazing opportunity!

Your flight leaves November 27th later this year, so you have a couple months to prepare for your month away In Paris!

We wish you all the best.
- Mr Auden

Part of me was so beyond excited to be going to Paris. I've always wanted to go. The views provided, the lights, the city, the music, the art, the great moments you could capture of other people. But the majority part of me was scared. I was scared to leave home, I was scared to leave my parents behind on their own, I was scared of being in a huge city like that and I was just scared of leaving Aaliyah alone. That girl had her ways of making it into my life and now I never want her to leave it.

In the little time I knew her I've got to know so much about her. And in that little time she's help me change in ways I don't think I'll be able to thank her for.

She's helped me grow to have a bit of a better outlook on life and just how amazing it really is. Even those small moments. I used to think that living for the big moments in life where what made you feel alive.

But it turns out I've found my big things in life even through the simplicity of looking into Aaliyah's eyes, or running my fingertips on the edge of a sunflower, or going to the forest with her to look at the beauty of the rustling leaves. I've even learned to find the big moments of life in her smile, her freckles, the way she laughs, the way she scrunches her nose when she doesn't like something, the way she uses her words. Just everything about her.

I was just going to miss it all when I left.

But I had to push that thought to the back of my head for the time being and remember I still had this remaining month with her. I needed to make the most of it, and what better way to start it off than watching the stars?

Aaliyah Moreno

I'm walking home by myself with my book gripped tightly in between my hands. Me and Harry both agreed that it was best if he met my mum another time, so I'll just lie and say he had to be somewhere.

I scuff my feet along the pebbled floor as I make my way back to my house. I still had bits of watermelon in my hair but at this point I really just didn't mind. It was a good day today. A really good day. It was one of those days that gave me all the more reason to stay alive rather than sit alone and let the demons inside my head consume me.

There was one moment in that picnic. One moment where I felt like all the stars were aligned for a few seconds. That moment was where I fell on top of Harry and everything in the world became blurred apart from the beauty of his eyes. I felt butterflies swarm my stomach as I looked at them and his looked back into mine.

Wether he felt it too I didn't know. But it was probably just a one time thing so I didn't want to confuse anything between the two of us, not that it wasn't confusing already, I just didn't want to add to it.

I push all those thoughts to the back of my head as I remember we are watching the stars tomorrow, one of my favourite things to do. I'm just in awe of the glistening lights painted across a pitch black sky that just makes you forget about the world as you lay there in silence in awe of the atmosphere.

On my way home, I decide to stop off at Ravens to tell her all about today. I was excited to tell her everything, even though she thinks it's "love." I don't think it was love.