30

Aaliyah Moreno

I'm purposely trying to make myself feel productive until 8:00pm. It's currently 7:45pm and time is doing nothing but moving slowly. All I want is to see Harry and lye under the stars with him. The sky was already getting dark as it faded from pastel colours to blue as the stars began to lightly paint the night sky.

I did the lot. Washed up, folded clean clothes, tidied my room. Everything. But everything was not enough to fill the empty space I had in my head for my want to see Harry. I wondered what would happen. Whether we were silent and just stayed in awe of the atmosphere or talked about deep stuff until god knows what time I had no clue. Either one I would be okay with. As long as it was with him.

I put on a grey jumper that Raven gave me to borrow for tonight because it was quite a cold evening. I rest a silver necklace over it and engraved in it was an "A." For my name. My mum gave it to me when I was young and I've worn it ever since. I put on some black jeans and sneakers as I make my way downstairs. Today I wasn't bringing my book because instead of getting lost in the beauty of words in a book. I'd rather get lost in Harry's.

I make my way downstairs where I see my mum cooking dinner.

"Dinner will be ready at 9:30 but you can come home a bit later." She says as she winks discretely because my dad didn't know about me and Harry.

"Where are you going?" My dad asks while slumped down on the sofa, not making eye contact with me.

"I-"

"She's just going out with Raven for a few hours." My mum cuts me off and gives me a slight thumbs up to say I was all in the clear.

"Be back early." My dad says

"She'll come back when she's ready Tom. She had her phone on her. She's an adult remember." My mum adds while still covering for me. She quickly makes eye contact with me and moves her head in the direction of the door while raising her eyebrows, signalling for me to go.

Before I leave she mouths quietly

"Have a good time."

I give her a thumbs up before heading out the door. I close it gently behind me. I left a bit early because I'd get there about 8ish if I walked. The sky was nice out. It was a pale shade of blue, not fully dark yet, but just right. The air was still. All I could hear were the simple sounds of the birds.

The stars were becoming more prominent each time I looked up at the sky. The stars always brought me a peace of mind. I'm all for having questioned unanswered like

What is the essence of a sunflower

But with stars. I wanted to know and I really do hope that in the not too distant future we shall be competent to understand so simple a thing as a star.

Stars are just so magical. You could simply tilt your head up to look at the stars and you'd be gone. Your mind would disappear as it wanders and walks around the endless beauty of a star. You'll be so caught up as you overthink about the fact that they are the same stars as last week, as last year. They were the same as when we were kids and same as when we weren't even born. In hundreds of years from now, no one will ever know who we are. The only evidence and proof they would have that there was life before them, is that they'll be stood under the same set of stars. Stars hold deep secrets in which not even the moon knows about.

I'm was so curious and wrapped up in the thought that I'll never be able to fully understand what the stars are capable of that I didn't realise I had made it to the white coloured gate. I push it open lightly, causing it to creak. I walk in slowly as I hear nothing but my footsteps against the stoned ground.