10

Aaliyah Moreno

I just dropped Raven back at her house after some amazing coffee and a nice walk around the park nearby. Me and her never failed to have something to talk about and that is what I loved about her. Talking to her would just boost my serotonin with the amount of energy she put into any conversation we were having. She'd talk with her hands a lot.

I hopped out of my car to go get a dress on for the fields. I always wore dresses over there, it just felt fitting. I was not one to follow trends of clothing that much.

Fashion should be a form of escapism, not a form of imprisonment. We shouldn't feel like we have to dress to impress anyone. Fashion and elegance is not about being noticed, it's about being remembered. That's why I always try to be different. Because at the end of all of this, no one makes it out alive. Might as well make your life, your life.

I put on my favourite red dress with shoulder straps. It was fitting on the top and flared out on the bottom. Of course I have floral in there somewhere, you should know I love anything to do with flowers right now.

I decided not to leave for another 5 minutes because I wanted to read a bit more of that book I bought at the coffee shop. I was already loving it and I hadn't even read a full chapter. I lay down sideways on my bed as the sun peaks through the window, highlighting the words on the page making me get lost in the wonder of the black ink, and cream coloured paper.

// to bloom you must ensure you provide yourself with the right amount of water, and just enough sunlight. And during that process, you will discover your roots

The roots are your core, the roots are what help you bloom. They stretch out among the soil to provide you a larger surface area to grow.

Roots look not in the dirtiness or darkness of the soil, but rather for a way to push through it and find a way out, allowing you to get to the surface and blossom.

Yes they may take their time. But we all need to take time and understand that whatever is happening right now is purely just temporary. If it's a rough patch, it's one of your roots taking longer to grow. But somewhere in your core is another root, and it's fighting, that root is helping you become the person you will be when you eventually blossom. So we can't ignore the roots. The roots our the most important part of the process. It's just the longest part. But that's okay.

Sunflowers would have never of got as tall and as beautiful as they are if they hadn't of waited.\\

I was so lost in the beauty of the words provided that I forgot the time. I look over at my clock. 7:10am. I decided to make my way to the sunflower fields in the hope that Harry was there.

I slip on my sneakers and make my way downstairs. Of course I don't pick up my car keys, because I loved to walk. It was really good for my mental health, every inhale of fresh air just cleared my mind.

-

-

I eventually make it to the sunflower field, it was so hard to see over the tall, gracious plant. But I was never mad, I would quite happily be lost in the petals that spiral round the centre of the most stunning flower.

As I said to Harry, the reason I loved it so much was because of how little we know about it. Of course we know science facts and statistics, like the book I have says about a sunflowers roots, we know what they do and how they help a plant grow. But we don't know why.