31

TW

Elora Moreno

As soon as I had disagreed with his point about letting Aaliyah out I knew what was coming. I decide to let time pass me by and wait to see what would happen. I feel my heart beat uncomfortably fast for my liking. I knew whatever he did would wake Cayden up and I just wasn't ready for that.

I don't know why I let myself live like this, I don't know when I became so vulnerable. So trapped. The moment I had two kids I vowed to look after them. I never would have thought it got to this stage. Not after all the promises he made me.

"What the fuck Elora!" He shouts while slamming his beer bottle down on the table in front of him as he stands up and staggers over to where I'm stood. He could barely walk in a straight line let alone try and get the words off his tongue. He scared me. He really did scare me.

"She's an adult." I say while still trying to be strong. I didn't make eye contact with him, I just carried on chopping the vegetables.

"She's a child who dresses like a whore." His words have never made my blood boil so much. I felt tears well in my eyes.

"A whore? Someone who wears baggy jumpers and jeans is a whore? Well that being said someone who even wore a tight dress that goes halfway up there ass is not a whore. It all depends on the respect you have for women and it's evident you have none." I say with a shaky voice.

"Where's she gone anyway." He asks

"I already told you. To hang out with Raven." My words make him roll his eyes and scoff as he makes his way to sit down on the couch and take another swig at his beer.

At least nothing happened.

"Why are you letting her go out so late with her ADHD." He asks while keeping his eyes glued to the telly.

"She doesn't have ADHD Tom. Please Shutup." After I say that I immediately place my hand over my mouth as my breathing pace quickens. He stands up with furrowed eyebrows and a jaw clenched. Where was the man I married? The man I loved? This. This was a monster.

"Tom please sit down. You're drunk-"

"Don't fucking tell me what to do." He spits back in my face as I smell whisky and mint from his breath.

"Tom sit dow-" he was towering over me, I was too small compared to him and his tall figure. I tried to push against him but I was too weak.

The next thing I felt was a sharp stinging pain radiate on the left side of my face, indicating he had slapped me. I bring my hand up to hold my cheek as I feel it get hot. The skin already feels tender and I knew it was going to bruise. I knew I was going to have to lie to Aaliyah. I couldn't bare to break this to her yet, no matter how much it broke me.

"Don't speak back to me!" He shouts as he grabs another beer from the fridge.

"Tom ease up on the beer. You still have an unfinished beer on the table-"

"Are you my mother?"

"No but whether you like it or not I am your wife. It's my job to protect-"

"I'm not a child. I don't need protection." He says with a sarcastic smile as he opens the beer cap with his teeth.

"Tom stop being ridiculous. Where's the man I married?"

"You're looking at him sweetie."

"I'm not though. The man I married made me promises that he vowed to keep forever. The man I married was a good and loving father. The man I married I loved and I had no fear of. The man I married was not you. I am not looking at the man I married. I'm looking at a monster." I say with a shaky voice as I feel my chin trembling from fear.