36

Play when you see *

Aaliyah Moreno

As we walk back towards the top of the hill it starts to rain. A lot. Harry holds his jacket over my head as the rain soaked through his white shirt, exposing all his black inked tattoos.

"You okay?" He asks while breathing heavily.

"Yeah. How come your so out of breath?" I ask as the rain drenched me.

"I have asthma." He says as he chuckled lightly.

"Here." I say as I wrap my arm over his shoulder and we walk up together. Water droplets were falling from each strand of his hair and onto his naturally long eyelashes in which I actually envied a lot.

We make our way to the top of the hill as we all decide to walk a bit faster so the rain didn't catch us. But it was a bit too late.

Me and Harry walk a bit slower behind the others because I didn't want him to get too out of breath. The rain was pouring down on us fast, and the sky went really dark. I tug on his had lightly, indicating for him to stop walking. I just wanted one second of us both enjoying the rain, and not saying anything.

He retraces his steps slowly, not very far back, but just so they are in line with mine. We both unintentionally put our heads up to face the rain as it caresses our skin lightly. We both chuckle a bit at our simultaneous actions.

Harry swings the guitar so it rests on his back gently as he slowly brushes his pinky finger against mine. I know we've held hands before, but this time felt different. This time felt as though there was one million sparks of electricity being transported from his hand to mine. You see, the hand is said to express everything the heart already knows.

But at this moment in time, I didn't know what my heart felt. My heart felt confused. It beat in the same rhythm it always has been, and always will do. But it felt different. My heart normally always knows what to feel as I put my complete trust in it to interpret all the the things my head might not quite understand. And yet here I stood, with Harry in the pouring rain.

Lost and confused
        Yet content and at home

"What are you thinking about?" He asks softly as the sound of the raindrops make unique music from their distinct sound on the wood of his guitar.

"What am I thinking about?" I ask as I process the question. He nods.

"The one question." I say.

"And that being..."

"What is the essence of a sunflower?" I ask.

"Aaliyah Moreno. You are probably the most inquisitive and interesting person I've ever met for reasons I don't even understand." He says while chuckling, making me laugh lightly too.

"Intellectual inquisitiveness, or curiosity if you so wish, is what separates the truly alive from those who are merely going through the same motions and processes of life everyday. I live everyday differently, it's just the same question that stays in my head."

"And why does that happen?"

"Because I'll never truly know. I can spend all my life guessing if I wanted too, and that being said I probably will do. I think we all live in a sense of curiosity at least once in our lifetime."

"Yeah but, wouldn't life be boring for you if you knew all the answers to everything? There'd be nothing to be curious about." He says.

"It reminds me of sunflowers."

"How?" He asks softly as the rain continues to pour over us both.

"Sunflowers don't know the answers to everything either, so normally they're stuck with the curiosity of how they got to bloom in the first place." I say.