I.VIII

They arrive back at the building and Dick flashes his badge and the officer lets him in, Kory and Cassie following quickly behind.

Dick looks around, "She must've lost control."

"Maybe she's still here," Kory offers.

They walk over to the sister, Dick starts to question the woman, "Hey, where's Rachel? Is she okay?"

"She left. Ran."

"What happened? Huh?" Kory crosses her arms.

"We just wanted to keep her here. Keep her safe, that's all. Where no one could hurt her and she couldn't hurt anyone. There's no stopping it now."

Dick knits his eyebrows together, "Stopping what?"

"There's no stopping it now. Oh, God. God, forgive me. God, forgive us all."

"Why did you leave her here?" The group walks off as Kory asks Dick.

"In a convent full of nuns? Yeah, seemed real dangerous. And you know, you're the one who stole my car and drove off."

"Yeah, I thought you could handle her for a few minutes, but I should've known better considering you ditched her in DC."

"I didn't mean to ditch her, okay? I was trying to-"

Cassie rolled her eyes, not wanting to hear more arguing, so she walked away from the two going back to the car to get her laptop, beginning her search for Rachel the way she knows best.

"You just couldn't handle her, so you left her with your friends. It's pathetic."

"Look, can we argue about this after we find her, okay? Cass?" He finally noticed that she walked away, and towards the car.

"She's getting more powerful."

"Yeah, but she's still a kid. Alone and scared and on the run." 

Once the two arrived at the car Dick noticed Cassie with her laptop opened, and that look on her face, the one that Dick knows not to bother her otherwise she'll bite his head off. "Cass, what do you have so far?" He leaned over and looked at her screen.

"I pulled up a diagram of the surrounding woods, knowing Rachel she would take off there, not wanting to be around people. Now depending on if she ran into someone or found shelter at some abandoned barn there are only a few places she could have gone." Cassie typed a few more things into her computer trying to pinpoint exactly where Rachel could have gone.

"And how exactly do you know that? You just pulled up a map and said she's in the woods. Not very helpful," Kory looked at the other woman, who paused her typing but continued without saying anything.

"Look we can go by the nearest station to see if anyone has reported anything even similar to Rachel's description," Dick states, getting into the car. Cassie slid into the back seat without hesitation.

"That may be wasting our time, she wouldn't have gone into town, and the only way someone would have seen her was if they were out hunting and went too far."

Dick ignored her and drove to the station anyway, "She must be scared out of her mind. Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're not coming."

Kory started to get out of the car but stopped, "What? Why?"

"You're not exactly the definition of 'blending in.'"

"I've blended in just fine."