II.XIX

Dick pulls up to Stu's Handmade. He walks in and the bell rings, "Hey, Stu, how you been?" Stu ignores him. Dick sighs, "I, uh, need a new pair of shoes."

"Sorry, I don't make those anymore."

"Look, I don't have a lot of time."

Stu clears his throat and stands up, "I'm in the fruitcake trade now. Just hadn't had time to change the signage."

"Okay," Dick chuckles, "I need a new fruitcake."

"The maligning of the fruitcake, I will never understand." He motions to Dick, "Come here." Dick walks closer and Stu grabs a fruitcake and puts it on the counter.

Dick takes off his hat, "Look, I'm sorry."

"Oh, don't be sorry." He opens the container and motions to the cake, "Have a slice."

Dick sighs, "It wasn't personal."

"Fruitcake is my life. My passion. I mean, if you don't like my work, you-"

"I love your work," Dick interrupts. "That's why I came back here."

"Would you like to put a match to this before you have a slice?" Dick scratched the back of his head, "Oh, wait, I know." Stu grabs a small flame thrower, one used for cooking, "Sure, this should do it. Right?" He sets the cake on fire, "There. That's how Dick likes his fruitcake." He slams the lid shut putting out the fire.

"I'm sorry I burned your suit." Stu puts his hand up dismissively, "I need your help, Stu." Stu looks at him. "I need another one. Something different."

Stu looked at him, "Well, Master Wayne said you'd be coming."

"Of course he did," Dick looked at the wall.

"You should thank your girlfriend for the something different, she made some good contributions." That made Dick smile, he should have known Cassie would say something to Stu. The door buzzes, "Come on."

They both go downstairs.

Dick smiled, "Hey, Lily."

"Hi, Dick. Burning the suit?"

"I had a bad day."

"Drama queen."

Stu interrupts, "We're moving on, Lily. All behind us now. Let's show Dick what Master Wayne and Cassie had us put together."

Lily turns around and leads the way to the new suit, "It's a Nomex, triple-weave Kevlar shell, electrically insulated and sight-sensitive."

Stu adds, "It had fewer body inlays than the old one, which will allow you to utilize your circus skills. 'Move more, get hit less.' That was our mantra."

Dick nods, "I like that mantra."

Lily opens the door and reveals the suit, "The mask had a built-in wireless transmitter and Starlite night-vision lenses."

The suit is fully shown.

"Et voila," Stu admires his work.

"Stu, Lily... you've outdone yourselves."

"I know." They looked at the suit for a moment. "The escrima sticks were Cassie's idea, she also made a good point that your previous suit didn't let you have room to use your skills to their full potential. This one does."

Dick chuckled, "Of course she did. She's always looking out for me."

"It's kinda what she does," Lily pointed out.