IV.XVI

The church bells were ringing.

May stands at the podium, "Parenting is zealotry. It's fanatical, uncompromising, and let's be honest, exhausting."

The crowd chuckles.

Sebastian is standing off to the side, with a still out of it Cassie. Her eyes would only blink occasionally still covered in a purple mist, but she would walk or move if ushered by Sebastian. But only Sebastian.

"When I was looking for a community to help me, Caul's Folly rose to the occasion. You guarded the Horn for me and my son, waiting patiently all these years to see the fruit of your labors."

"Lions' hearts get hidden in the most unlikely places."

Sebastian turned and glanced at Cassie.

May stepped away from the podium, "Well, look what I found."

Sebastian walks onto the stage, leaving Cassie where she was away from the crowd.

The crowd starts to cheer and applaud, giving him a standing ovation.

They all stop and take a seat once he gets to the center.

"My whole life, I always wanted a family. Someone to protect me from the world. From myself. But I never felt as though I belonged... until I came here. I finally know who I'm supposed to be."

May removes Sebsatian's jacket, "It's time."

He walks up to the object in the front center of the stage, and plunges his hand into the lava.

He grunts softly and removes the horn.

The crowd cheers as he holds it up. His hand, previously covered in burns, heals just as quickly.

May holds her hand up and the crowd stops cheering. "Before we leave, there's one last detail. The girl who came yesterday, the one they call Raven, claims to be the daughter of Trigon."

"Heretic!" A woman shouts.

Others follow, "Heretic! Heretic!"

May holds out her hand, "Yes, yes, a heretic, who could sabotage everything we have built together. I'm thinking of a solution. Can anyone help me?"

The same woman as before stands up, "Kill the heretic."

The crowd starts up again, "Kill the heretic! Kill the heretic!"

Cassie was sitting on the steps of a museum. Someone came up and sat next to her. She looked at them and furrowed her brows.

"Garth?"

He grinned at her, "Hey Techy. How's it going?"

"I don't understand what's going on."

He gave her a look, "Do you always have to?"

"Well- I mean, yes."

"Why? Why can't you just enjoy something simply because it is?"

"Because- because you're gone. You've been gone for a long time and you being here... hurts."

"Why does it hurt? Most people would kill for another chance to see someone they loved."

Cassie scoffed, "I don't know what the fuck is going on, but I fucking hate it and I want it to be other with."

"Then give in," Garth smirked at her.

"Give in? To what?"

A bag was thrown over her head.

Sebastian paces around, "Where was she?"