I.XI

Outside of the motel Gar and Rachel are talking. Kory, Cassie, and Dick are watching them from the balcony.

"Think they're okay?" Dick speaks up. Cassie nods in response.

Kory smiles, "They're cute together."

"That's an understatement," Cassie chuckles.

Dick smiles too, "Good to see her look like a normal kid again, you know."

"What I saw back there was not normal," Kory shook her head.

"Why do you think they're after her?"

"I think it has something to do with that prophecy that I found on my wall."

"She's gonna bring about the end of the world?"

"Or stop it."

"That's bullshit. People make up stories about things they don't understand."

"I still feel like we are missing something to all of this," Cassie sighs.

"Maybe. That doesn't mean the people after her won't kill to get her. Those two are gonna have to learn to fight for themselves."

Dick shakes his head, "She's just a kid. They both are. Part of me feels bad for turning them into weapons. Once you learn to see the world that way, you can't unsee it. Not ever."

"That combat training you were talking about, was it military?"

"More of a civilian contractor-type thing." Cassie grabs Dick's hand and makes small shapes hoping to keep him from getting angry.

Kory noticed this, "And you walked away from that?"

"I had to. When you hide behind a mask for so long... it starts to give you a license to do things. It was getting out of hand."

"You said you trusted the wrong person, but... what happened?"

Dick smiled, "I'd rather not talk about it."

"Gosh, you are so secretive. Cassie, I don't know how you put up with it."

Dick chuckles, "You're not exactly an open book yourself. And Cass has no choice but to deal with it."

Cassie laughs.

"I don't know who I am. You're afraid to let people know who you are. There's a difference."

"I'm just still trying to figure it out, that's all."

"Well, maybe we can figure it out together."

"You both should get some rest. We'll leave first thing in the morning." Dick lets go of Cassie's hand and leaves. Cassie and Kory share a look before Cassie follows him.

In Dick's room, Cassie is sitting at his desk typing on her computer, attempting to figure out who Kory is.

"Cass?" Dick asked looking over her shoulder at the screen.

"Hmm."

"What are you doing exactly?"

"Well, I am trying to figure out where Kory is from."

"Ok, what do you mean by that? None of those names even look like they would be on Earth."