II.XIV

Dick says sitting, "I don't see how Jericho seeing his dad is a good idea."

"That's why he came to talk to us about it. He's afraid you're gonna be disappointed in him." Dawn stands next to Cassie. Jericho had come to the both of them not too long ago about it.

Dick looks at her, "And what did you tell him?"

"That you and I would talk about it. Jericho needs your approval for this, Dick. He won't talk to his dad without it."

"He didn't need to tell us at all, he could've just gone."

"Sure. But he didn't want to lie to you. Cards up, right? It took Jericho for someone to finally be honest around here."

Cassie nods her head in agreement.

"You know, maybe it doesn't matter what we tell Jericho."

"So we use him again? What's happening to you?"

Dick stands up, "You told me. You told me, 'Be Batman.' Remember?"

Dick walks away.

"I was wrong," Dawn turns around and looks at him. Dick stops and crosses his arms, "This version of you..."

"What? You don't like it?"

"You don't want me to answer that right now." Dawn leaves the room.

Cassie sighs, "Gray." He looks at her, "Think about this without the anger towards Slade. Think about it from Jericho's point of view. He just learned who his dad is. He has questions he can only ask Slade. Questions only a son can ask his father."

"Cass he's dangerous," Dick sighed.

"I fucking know that you idiot," she gently shoved him, "But Slade won't intentionally hurt his own son. Not if he asked to meet with him. Plus with that little trick of his, I'm sure Jericho can handle himself if his father does try and hurt him."

"I-I guess you're right."

"Mmmhmm. And you should probably go tell him that. Dawn's right, he won't go without your approval. You brought him into the group and to the tower, you are the one he looks up to."

"Why do you always have to be right? It's annoying."

"Ah don't even, you love it."

Dick rolls his eyes and goes to find Jericho.

Cassie goes off to the tech room to watch surveillance, in case anything pops up that requires the Titans.

Dick joined her not too long after.

"You talk to Jericho?" she says not turning around in her chair.

He sits down, "Ya, he even gave me a hug."

"See. I told you he looks up to you."

"Ya, ya. Whatever."

The two fall into a comfortable silence when an emergency alarm goes off, it's at the gallery that Jillian works at.

"Donna," Dick gets up and rushes out.

Cassie does the same and goes to get Hank and Dawn. She grabs a medkit and joins them heading down. If Donna is calling for help then someone must be injured, that's usually how it goes.

Dick reaches her first, "Donna. I'm here." He falls to her side and rolls her on her back. Cassie is just behind him, her kit in hand.

Donna groans, "It was Deathstroke." Dick places a hand on her head as she gulps hard, in a lot of pain.

Dawn reaches them next followed by Hank.

Hank tells Dick, "Jillian and the guards are dead. Building's clear."

"We have to get her out of here," Dawn looks at Dick.

"I'll meet you back at the Tower." Dick looks at Dawn and then to Cassie, "Take care of Donna." He runs out.

"Ok, Donna, just stay still for me ok?" Cassie moves her hand and grabs something to stop the bleeding. She needed to see how bad it was. "Shit, I need to get her back to the tower. Hank will you?"

He nods and picks her up. Dawn leads the way and they rush back to the tower.

Cassie gets to work patching Donna up as soon as she can. It doesn't take long for her to patch it up but the cut will take a bit to heal.

Dick comes back and tells them that Jericho was dead when he got to the church. Two friends in such a short amount of time. Cassie knew this was it for the Titans. They couldn't do it anymore, and she was right. Hank and Dawn both packed their things, Cassie helped Donna pack hers. The girl needed to take it easy having just been stabbed and all.

Dick stands and looks out at the city. The apartment is covered in plastic because they are closing the tower and ending the Titans.

Hank, Dawn, and Donna all walk into the living room with their bags.

"I guess this is-" Hank glares at Dick and walks out. "Dawn, I-"

"Don't," she says softly and follows Hank.

Donna looks at him, "I'll be in New York. If you ever need a place to crash..."

Dick nods, "Thank you."

Donna nods and leaves. Cassie sighs and walks up to him.

"Cass I-"

"Hey, it's ok. I'm with you. They just need their time. Losing two people like that isn't easy. And Donna lost Jillian too. They just need time."

"Thank you, Cass," he turns and looks at her. Cassie forces him to hug her, which he does.

"I just hope we all get to be a family again one day," Cassie says as they pull away.

"I'm not sure if we'll ever recover, but it's nice to hope."

She shoves him gently, "Hey, we'll always be a family. Families don't have to live under the same roof to be a family."

"Again with the being right thing. Quit it."

"Sorry, can't. It's in my blood."

"God, I remember Mr. Astor saying that. It's vague, but it's there."

Cassie's heart warmed, she hadn't meant to quote her father, but when she thought about it she remembered him saying that exact same thing. It reminded her that those gone were never really gone.